• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm back and I carry now

Seif5034

Hey folks. I doubt any of you will remember my name. I used to live in MS a few years ago. I have been in the Army in different parts of the world the past 3.5ish years. Now I'm back and I am old enough to carry. I have carried a few times so far. The biggest was when the family went up to Pickwick to JP Coleman state park. Nobody ever confronted me or said anything. I typically carry a S&W M&P 9c in a Army surplus drop leg holster. I know some may call me couch commmando or whatever but that holster is just real comfortable to me. If anyone is in the area, and you see me out and about come say "hey". I haven't really noticed anyone else that opencarries in my area except out in the sticks.

MattinWA

Awesome, glad to hear it. If you like the drop leg screw the neighsayers. I bought one for my 1911 just to open carry it (normal open carry is an XD45 with the "stock" holster)

Springfield ultra compact 1911 w/ crimson trace grips, should I choose a more practical concealable pistol.

and thank you for your service.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome back from another ol'timer here :)

Thank you for your service - we kept the home fire burning for you.

southernredneck1

My everyday carry is also a drop leg holster from Outbags. Very comfortable once you find a gun belt that will take the added stress. I find that a LBE belt works great!

Q-Tip

Glad you're back in the state and OCing! Watch the state parks for OCing, pretty sure they have a regulation against it, and I've seen signs that prohibit OC specifically in several state parks. Definitely something that needs to be addressed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Glad you're back in the state and OCing! Watch the state parks for OCing, pretty sure they have a regulation against it, and I've seen signs that prohibit OC specifically in several state parks. Definitely something that needs to be addressed.
Open carry in Mississippi state parks is LEGAL - so saith the Mississippi Supreme Court.
icon14.png

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/30/mississippi-high-court-upholds-open-carry-gun-law/

Need to get on those responsible for those signs and have them removed.

Seif5034

In addition to what Grapeshot said, at JPcoleman they didn't care at all. I talked with a fair number of folks up there including staff. The only place I know of that guns are not allowed is at their office building. I'm not sure if the Hotel is a posted "gun free zone" but the cabins are fair game.

eamelhorn

Thank you for your service. Here in WV a lot of our recreational land is owned by the Army Corp. of Engineers. Which makes them federal property. Even though much of that land is open to hunting. You must be hunting in area's open for hunting and of course with the proper hunting permits, to have a firearm. Consider Corp. property a federal building. Carry on, and what ever holster you feel comfortable with, WEAR IT.