• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Insurance

Castleninja

Do any if you know about any good insurance companies that cover your firearms, and the possible situation of having to pull the trigger?

davidmcbeth

Banned
The guns are merely personal property.

I think he is talking about if he shoots an intruder and attny $$$.

I called my insurance company ~ they refused to answer that question.

Basically, if its not explicitly covered in your policy(s) its not.

I think the NRA has some type of insurance ~ how useful it is ? I don't know.

HPmatt

$150/yr is goofy outrageous premium .... I pay 800/yr for my whole house

Went through half of this premium today at the range in ammo, the other half filling up the car at $3.49 a gallon.

Drop in the bucket compared to the equity value of my house, my 401k, aftertax investments and our annual earnings. Plus my coverage is from attys experienced in criminal defense of firearms cases, not some insurance-assigned attorney that just passed the bar exam….

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Do any if you know about any good insurance companies that cover your firearms, and the possible situation of having to pull the trigger?

Yes there are policies for this purpose. They are called personal liability policies and I bought one last year from my home/auto insurance company. My agent knew exactly my reasons for wanting this policy and yes, we discussed the possibility of having to use a firearm in my defense. The cost is low for my coverage (no limit on legal fees).

PM me if you want more information.

solus

when i mentioned personal liability insurance (umbrella policy to cover legal fees) the nice older lady started coughin' up a hairball and wouldn't stop gaggin' so i quietly left...

ipse

Last edited:

MontanaResident

I think he is talking about if he shoots an intruder and attny $$$.

The moment you hire an attny, you lost. They will suck your livelihood away $1 at a time. If you are threatened and your life was is in jeapordy, then an attny is only going to slow bleed you into bankruptcy, while the due process discovery proves you acted within your rights.