• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Iraq Vet Shot

cs9c1

imported post

I just found out today, that a Soldier I spent last year in Iraq with was shot multiple times during a car jacking. They got his car and wallet and left him for dead. He was only one block from home and 1.5 miles from my office (why I carry to work). Luckily the neighbors reacted quick and EMT got there quick. He is at home recovering, and facing months of rehab. Sucks to make it over there and get hit at home. I am convinced there are more dangerous places right here in the U S of A than Baghdad.Oops, let me get off my soap box. "Get well man".

Lew

imported post

Well, I know everyone who reads this will be relieved that he's alive. Call it Murphy, or irony, or whatever, it's a terrible deal. Cheers to ya both.

TrueBrit

imported post

May I also add my commiserations,and good wishes to this gentleman? A speedy recovery to him.

It is deeply ironic that , having survived the Sandbox, he should fall foul of some punk here at home. Makes my blood boil.

TrueBrit.

GlockMan

imported post

Man, I'm so sorry to hear about your buddy, but am glad that he survived the encounter.

Too bad posses aren't the norm anymore. And why is that? Why can't pissed off citizens go out and enact justice? Oh, I think I answered my own question!

I personally think a good idea would be to have some sort of auxiliary police force filled with citizens who carry. Does anyone know if there is anything like that in VA?

cs9c1

imported post

Some cities and counties have auxiliaries. Chesterfield PD has one that I was considering. But between my work hours and my jacked up back and shoulder I don't know if I would make it through the academy. Search you local PD web sites and you might find something.

Now if I could just convince everyone I deployed with to carry (trust me I try).:cool: