• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is Gallup on reservation land?

qednick

While travelling from Texas to Nevada and back I OC'd all the way through NM. However, we stopped for dinner in Gallup on the way and it appeared to be reservation land so I played safe and left my Sig locked in the car. According to my map, the area isn't reservation land, but I wondered if anyone could clarify that?

I did ask the young girl in the Cracker Barrel we ate at if she knew and she said "I think so" but didn't seem sure at all. The clientel was predominantly native American and there were tons of indian related shops near by. Not sure if there's more than one Cracker Barrel but this one was on the west side of town off I-40.

AH.74

Close, but no- it is not within the boundaries of the reservation.