• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it legal to shoot airsoft guns in a public park in VA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercutio545

When using Burke Lake Park in NOVA, it is always prudent to look around for disc-golf participants before walking around the disc-golf course.

A big +1 to that. Most of the time, I'm actually on that trail as a disc golfer, but use it for walking sometimes. I've never had a problem with people walking while playing disc golf, and I've never had a problem with people playing disc golf while walking. I just wait till they're clear, and throw my plastic. But it's not a "dedicated" disc golf course trail. About 3/4 of the trail comprises the disc golf course, but it weaves off further into the woods in spots, then comes back onto the main disc golf trail. I'm A-OK with it being a dual-purpose trail.

Heck, if those airsoft players would have just chilled out for a minute while we were walking by, it would have never even come to calling the police because I didn't know it was illegal at first. I would have probably just waved and walked by.

Status
Not open for further replies.