• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is the life of a cop worth more than the life of a non-cop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallschirjmäger

Isn't this happening in PA right now too?
You mean a massive manhunt with 'shelter in place' advisories, police in armored vehicles, helicopters constantly flying overhead, and everyone dressed to the nines in their super ninja outfits? Nope, I'm sure that's not happening.

-1889ef75e49c80ff.jpg

Manhunt-continues-for-accused-cop-killer-Eric-Frein.jpg

You find that sort of massive manpower response any time some regular ol' citizens been shot, nuthin' special about it at all.

Last edited:

SavageOne

Not remotely. Hence the reason I go to work every day and wear a vest. Not if, but when , the d bag decides to start shooting citizens I get to go get them. On the regular when the d bag with a gun or knife (or any other mirade or weapons) is threatening or harming someone I gladly go TOWARDS them. Even with that supposed court ruling saying I can run the other way like all the other citizens... I do it because I choose to. I enjoy it. Those lives of "non-cops" are worth it to me. No one forces me to and I could easily quit tomorrow and be an accountant, but I won't. Just like firefighters go towards fire and EMTs for towards Ebola virus (screw that).

For the record no life is worth "more", but I would definitely favor a citizens over my own. Difference is I'm willing to GIVE my life for any citizen while the d bag on the other side is TAKING lives of citizens. People who truly know me, know for fact that's the God's honest truth and they think I'm a complete idiot for being like that. Oh well. :D

Note: the term "citizen" above does NOT apply to dudes with guns pointed at me or in my direction. Those are d bags.

Here's a link to that court ruling you described as "supposed". Yeah, it exists.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html?_r=1&

OC for ME

The Chris dorner thing I can't speak for. I agree that was over the top.

But umm.... Your leaving out a piece of the tsarnaev brothers. I don't know something about ******* bombs blowing up in a crowd of civilians? Maybe THATS why there was a manhunt? Naaahhhh can't be it.
Appeal to emotion. But, this is typical for you. There are many instances, some provided already in this thread, where other LEAs did not respond by obvious violations of citizen's constitutional right. I acknowledge that there does not seem to be any citizen the is seeking a redress of documented wrongs as a result of their treatment after the Boston Constitutional Suspension Event. Which is unfortunate but to be expected from the citizens of MA.

Not remotely.....
Cops are rarely the first on the scene of any incident. There countless incidents, documented via video, of citizens doing the heavy lifting before "first responders" arrive on the scene. But, this is yet another appeal to emotion. Your giving short shrift of the average Joe is noted.

SavageOne

Isn't killing a LEO generally a capital offense? The rationale being that you are depriving the community of protection.

OC for ME

Red Cross sets up shelters for families displaced during hunt for trooper-ambush susp

You mean a massive manhunt with 'shelter in place' advisories, police in armored vehicles, helicopters constantly flying overhead, and everyone dressed to the nines in their super ninja outfits? Nope, I'm sure that's not happening. ... You find that sort of massive manpower response any time some regular ol' citizens been shot, nuthin' special about it at all.
Here we go...again.

LEAs do not give a rip about the citizenry if it is not in their own self interest. I certainly hope at least one citizen will seek a redress of wrongs and that at least one judge holds those POS cops to account.

FTG-05

Simple exercise:

- Call 911 and tell them you are in immediate danger of being killed and need help ASAP.

- Call 911 and simply report "officer down".

Which call will be responded to faster?

twoskinsonemanns

Here we go...again.

LEAs do not give a rip about the citizenry if it is not in their own self interest. I certainly hope at least one citizen will seek a redress of wrongs and that at least one judge holds those POS cops to account.

I'm fairly certain any and every civil rights violation is acceptable in times of "public safety". This is the way people seem to want it. After all, the only interviews of citizens on TV are ones that sound like this: "We live in a house that is near the woods, so it's very scary. I hope the officers find him soon. He might do anything".

WalkingWolf

lmao That shows how little you know about the "brotherhood". It's one of the biggest purported myths going. There is no secret decoder ring, is no secret handshake, or anything else. That myth is especially held up by haters. It's easier to hate a united front if you believe they are all the same. Cops stick up for other cops just like hosejockies do for other jockies and other docs do for other docs. Unless you've been in a house fire you don't know the job, been covered in blood and pumping on a chest (docs), or driving as fast as you can towards gun shots, etc. etc. They are unique occupations as are some other fields. So if you bad mouth cops in GENERAL of course I'll stick up for them. Bad mouth a hose jocky and maybe not so much :D. But show me a cop that beat his wife, he's a ****** bag. A cop who CLEARLY shot an innocent, also a d bag. etc. etc.

Have you personally arrested any cop beating their wife? Have you even arrested a cop for a traffic violation?

And remember you DID defend the throwing of incendiary device into the crib of an innocent.

6901643865432305028.jpg

This is what eventually happens when government continually oversteps their bounds, and trample on rights. I don't condone it, but if it continues it is inevitable. Not sure why the image will not post but it is of Mussolini's execution.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Primus, why is killing a cop treated as much worse than killing a non-cop by both the [in]justice system and the mainstream media?

It was something that my Family taught me when I was a child. Respect your Elders, Never hit a woman, LEOs will protect you.
I was raised to respect the LEOs that protected and cared for my little (1,500, counting the dogs) home town. It was a Mayberry like town , with only two officers. Things have changed, but I still respect LEOs for the job they do. Like all positions, some are not very polite and that number seems to be growing. I still tend to see the Good in people, until they establish themselves as a something else.

Last edited:

Primus

Have you personally arrested any cop beating their wife? Have you even arrested a cop for a traffic violation?

And remember you DID defend the throwing of incendiary device into the crib of an innocent.

6901643865432305028.jpg

This is what eventually happens when government continually oversteps their bounds, and trample on rights. I don't condone it, but if it continues it is inevitable. Not sure why the image will not post but it is of Mussolini's execution.

I have not arrested a cop for either. I've never even pulled over a cop other then recently and that was by accident. He was rolling around in an unmarked (narcotics). The tag came back to nothing. Pulled him over and realized he was driving around doing surveillance. Whoops.

Also have never been to a domestic with a cop. Then ones I have heard of have been verbal arguments. Call me lucky I guess.

I tell you right now one of my guys cracks his old lady he'd go. Badge isn't an excuse to beat your old lady.

And the baby got burned by ACCIDENT. I would never defend an intentional harming of a kid. Ever. They ASKED and were TOLD no kids present. No kids ever been there. Clearly that was a lie or a mistake on the part of the informant. So it was not malicious by any means on the cops. That's what I defended, it was not intentional. Period.

And luckily we are still light years away from Mussolini.

WalkingWolf

Accident my arse, the device was intentionally thrown. The fact that they were incompetent to research/recon that there was a infant inside is NO EXCUSE.

To be clear, if the family such as grand parents were to take revenge much like the revenge against Mussolini and I end up on the jury. NOT GUILTY! And that is exactly what happened in the case of father of a child killed by a drunk driver. It does not matter if the drunk was a cop or not. If you in a department as large as yours have never arrested a drunk cop, then you are part of the problem, and your claims of caring are bogus. Drunks kill more than any other act of violence, and some idiots claim they are accidents.

That act was reckless, barbaric, brutal, and totally uncalled for on any charge, let alone a drug charge. Maybe we will get lucky and Karma will visit each of those officers.

Last edited:

77zach

Yep.... I'm now at the point where I hope the PA cop killer is NOT caught. I hope he dies in a car accident or a non cop "civilian" finds him. It's so ridiculous and calculated to remind the sheeple that the state is our god and that its agents our sanctified.

Obviously the cops think they're more important than us mundanes, look at Primus' new avatar. I didn't ask for his "protection" (although I'm sure I'd get more than enough "served" up to me if I carried unlicensed or went "speeding" through his town) but he brags about how hard he works saving me from....myself I guess.

J_dazzle23

Is that the same training thag says you need a scope to hit 200yds and real good one to hit 400yds? :D
Hahaha. I saw this in another thread. primus I think you and I should head out to the desert at dusk and I'll shoot scoped and you can have iron sights and we will see how well we can hit that 8 inch plate at 200 ;)

Primus

Hahaha. I saw this in another thread. primus I think you and I should head out to the desert at dusk and I'll shoot scoped and you can have iron sights and we will see how well we can hit that 8 inch plate at 200 ;)
As long as your buying the bullets :D

Status
Not open for further replies.