• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is the life of a cop worth more than the life of a non-cop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

state hater

Banned
I quite distinctly remember the Centennial Park bombing in 1996, I don't remember any house to house searches or cordoned off blocks of downtown Atlanta. But no law enforcement officers were killed in the explosion.

I remember the Sikh temple shooting in Wisconsin. I don't remember any massive manhunt response, but I don't remember any law enforcement officers being shot.

I remember Waco TX, where after a thoroughly botched, and unnecessary raid by the ATF where casualties on both sides occurred, seventy-six American citizens, men, women and children, were killed and their compound razed and bulldozed into the earth.

What do you expect from bloodthirsty cretins who view outsiders with contempt, and who only care about their fellow gang members?

state hater

Banned
Isn't killing a LEO generally a capital offense? The rationale being that you are depriving the community of protection.

It's because killing one of the king's men is sacrilege in the cult of the state. It's barbarism straight out of the disgusting, festering pustule of antiquity.

J_dazzle23

It's because killing one of the king's men is sacrilege in the cult of the state. It's barbarism straight out of the disgusting, festering pustule of antiquity.
Interesting that you brought this up now. Just the other day in my local area, a man attempted to rob a bank and took two hostages. He drove 10 miles down the road, ditched the car and hostages, and ran into the woods. City officers and the fbi both started a manhunt until they found him.

At least in my immediate area, it seems that even the threat of a lay persons life has warranted the same response that the murdering of one of their own would merit.

Interesting coincidence as far as timing is concerned.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Interesting that you brought this up now. Just the other day in my local area, a man attempted to rob a bank and took two hostages. He drove 10 miles down the road, ditched the car and hostages, and ran into the woods. City officers and the fbi both started a manhunt until they found him.

At least in my immediate area, it seems that even the threat of a lay persons life has warranted the same response that the murdering of one of their own would merit.

Interesting coincidence as far as timing is concerned.

Did they shut down the city/county?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
In my military training, the military taught me that the value of any human life is zero..

Odd, My Military Training taught me the opposite. I served in both US Navy and US Army, being taught, and later teaching that Human life is sacrosanct. Life taking is important business and not to be taken lightly. May I ask, David, what Branch and country did you serve?

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

Did they shut down the city/county?
Funny you ask. They actually got a LOT of flack for it, but imposed a temporary curfew in the five mile radius where they were looking, and shut down the schools, keeping the kids locked inside under guarded security.

There was a gentleman giving an officer crap about why he couldn't wash his car in the driveway, then heard a volley of rounds shot from the perp about 1000 yards away, and ducked back in his house pretty quick.

WalkingWolf

Funny you ask. They actually got a LOT of flack for it, but imposed a temporary curfew in the five mile radius where they were looking, and shut down the schools, keeping the kids locked inside under guarded security.

There was a gentleman giving an officer crap about why he couldn't wash his car in the driveway, then heard a volley of rounds shot from the perp about 1000 yards away, and ducked back in his house pretty quick.

That still does not sound anything like the scope of Boston. And I would have washed my car anyway.

J_dazzle23

That still does not sound anything like the scope of Boston. And I would have washed my car anyway.
Obviously no, where I live there are about 90k people spread over about 50 square miles....so obviously their response was as large as needed to catch the perp.

I am not arguing the point, just merely providing insight.

I am as skeptical as many when it comes to law enforcement, and more often than not I find myself questioning their actions. Despite this, I refuse to paint in "broad strokes" and say that any cop is a "thug with a uniform and badge" as has been repeated here all over the place, as far as I've been able to see.

Also, I don't know you, and I may be reaching, but If you had a man launching rounds from a bolt action rifle in the direction of your house, I don't really believe you would Consider it prudent to just ignore it and wash your car anyway.

Just my .02

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Obviously no, where I live there are about 90k people spread over about 50 square miles....so obviously their response was as large as needed to catch the perp.

I am not arguing the point, just merely providing insight.

I am as skeptical as many when it comes to law enforcement, and more often than not I find myself questioning their actions. Despite this, I refuse to paint in "broad strokes" and say that any cop is a "thug with a uniform and badge" as has been repeated here all over the place, as far as I've been able to see.

We are not painting in broad strokes, most of the posters here are posting verifiable facts. Boston was not a broad stroke, Waco was not a broad stroke, The Donner search was not a broad stroke.

Primus

You do realize that Boston was a terrorist attack right? With bombs? And dead citizens?

Stick with the dorner story its more akin to what this threat is alleging.

J_dazzle23

I thought that you're part of some brotherhood wherein every member fights tooth-and-nail to support every other member, regardless of whether that other member is in the right.
Can I be done pointing out broad strokes? These are only the ones in this specific thread....

WalkingWolf

I said most of the members, not state hater.

It is now you painting members with a broad stroke.

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

I said most of the members, not state hater.
I'll clarify. I only see that out of two members in this thread, and my initial response was to state hater, not insinuating you espouse the same opinion.

My fault for any miscommunication

WalkingWolf

You do realize that Boston was a terrorist attack right? With bombs? And dead citizens?

Stick with the dorner story its more akin to what this threat is alleging.

So again state terror in the form of rights abuses is OK with you?

So you would rather let the terrorists win? The whole purpose of terrorism is to disrupt the normal day to day lives of the people, and to instil fear. Yet the police instilled fear by pointing guns at people they CLEARLY KNEW WERE NOT THE TERRORISTS.

Primus

So again state terror in the form of rights abuses is OK with you?

So you would rather let the terrorists win? The whole purpose of terrorism is to disrupt the normal day to day lives of the people, and to instil fear. Yet the police instilled fear by pointing guns at people they CLEARLY KNEW WERE NOT THE TERRORISTS.
No. State terror in the form of rights abuses is not "ok" with me.

I don't recall those terrorists winning. Sure they disrupted the town for a few days. One is dead the other will be.

And again.... Your need for sensationalism is wrecking the very sound premise.

Stick to former that's a legit example of police hunting because someone killed a cop. Which is the premise of the thread last I checked and a legit concern.

WalkingWolf

No. State terror in the form of rights abuses is not "ok" with me.

I don't recall those terrorists winning. Sure they disrupted the town for a few days. One is dead the other will be.

And again.... Your need for sensationalism is wrecking the very sound premise.

Stick to former that's a legit example of police hunting because someone killed a cop. Which is the premise of the thread last I checked and a legit concern.

As long as you believe that abusing rights of citizens in the name of terror, THEY WON!

Status
Not open for further replies.