• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there a Mexican problem and if so what is the solution?

Custodian

I keep hearing about illegal immigration from Mexico. To put it out there, my family emigrated to these United States from the former British commonwealth crown colonies in the Caribbean. So, I am a first generation, Caribbean American. My father was deported in 1975, for remaining in the US too long, before returning to the US in 1980 after marrying my mother, a US citizen. So, I am familiar, somewhat, anecdotally speaking, with the so-called plight of illegal immigrants.

What do about Mexico?

Let's be honest, its a war zone.

And this is the current issue. Refugees from this war zone, cross illegally into the US. As depicted with this apt sign. That being said... what do we do? Nothing?

Would an invasion be just?

I've noticed, from my armchair, no doubt,

that their nationals come over in droves,

and yet, hold our citizens with an iron fist. Go figure.

Or is it our drug policy as well as other laws, which have turned, indirectly, of course, Mexico into a haven for every western movie caricature you've ever seen in the last 70 years?

Considering how much the American government loves war.

Considering that unofficially that Mexican nationals are invading these United States.

Noting that Mexico loves to put its,

unnecessary, unsolicited advice into

American, constitutional affairs.

The fact that we haven't invaded Mexico, beat the dog crap out of them, and made them apart of the US of A, makes me scratch my head.

It'd be, possibly, maybe, who knows, the first just war, we've fought in a long time.

Because, a second amnesty, can't be the only, viable solution.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

SNIP...The fact that we haven't invaded Mexico, beat the dog crap out of them, and made them apart of the US of A, makes me scratch my head.

It'd be, possibly, maybe, who knows, the first just war, we've fought in a long time.

Because, a second amnesty, can't be the only, viable solution.

I agree with the bolded portion as it was written.:p

Contrary to what Tucson politicians (amongst others) like to say, the U.S. and Mexico are NOT "one and the same people"; different customs and traditions are only reflections of the underlying difference: different principles and values.

Ask random people there and they'll probably tell you the problem is a corrupt government. I'm not sure how many will make the connection between a (de facto) unarmed citizenry and abuse of power by government.:(

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Didn't the US forcibly annex two Mexican states from the Second Federal Republic of Mexico in the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and then have to pay for them and the Mexican debt for their worthlessness?
Therein rests a distinctive opinion of matter - much might be reflected on which side of the river one were to ask the question.

wimwag

Didn't the US forcibly annex two Mexican states from the Second Federal Republic of Mexico in the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and then have to pay for them and the Mexican debt for their worthlessness?

We annexed Santa Anna's wooden leg too. What of it?