• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Island county oc report

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I have recently moved from Snohomish county to Island County, so I am staring a new OC thread for Island County.

Today I OCed in the payless food grocery store in Freeland. Returned some DVD's and rented some new ones from the DVD express box and got some dish soap. Had no wierd looks or comments.

Went to Firestone tire in Bayview to get my drivers side front tire on my Jeep rapaired (there was a screw in it.). No comments or strange looks.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Thanks. Yeah it's going to be a little crazy. They definitley aren't use to it down here in South Whidbey.

Metalhead47

I have recently moved from Snohomish county to Island County, so I am staring a new OC thread for Island County.

Today I OCed in the payless food grocery store in Freeland. Returned some DVD's and rented some new ones from the DVD express box and got some dish soap. Had no wierd looks or comments.

Went to Firestone tire in Bayview to get my drivers side front tire on my Jeep rapaired (there was a screw in it.). No comments or strange looks.

NEIGHBOR!!!

I live the other way down Fish Road from "downtown" (snicker) Freeland. I've been OCing the the area for, well, as long as I've been OCing (couple three years now). Get the occasional look at that Payless, and had a nice little chat with the manager of the Ace Hardware next door once, oh and crossed paths with a real anti nutjob there too a while back, but that was more amusing than anything else. Made the sheriff's report in the paper once too although he never actually showed up. Figured I'm known as the weird gun guy by now. Might annoy some locals that we're now apparently multiplying here but it's one of the areas I feel most comfortable.

Going Where No OCer Has Gone Before!! cue the star trek music

This is great, a new area to explore. Good luck on you mate.

Actually I've lived here for 5+ years and been OCing for a good 3 or 4. I just tend to post in the North of Seattle/SnoCo threads...cuz nothing ever happens here
asset.php

Cougar125

NavyLCDR speaks the truth. I've been to one at Frank's. Now that I'm back on the rock, I live in Coupeville. Might be time for another get together.

LCDR, where abouts are you now? I know I've asked in the past year or so, but my brain is about fried from the PCS.

Metalhead47

^dude we should meet sometime. I live like a block from the Sheriffs office.

Indeed, if I can ever get my schedule straightened out. What brings you out this way? Usually when I tell people where I live they react like I just said "on Mars," curious what brings another to this corner of the solar system. Hope cryo-stasis wasn't too rough on you :rolleyes:

wolf-father

I would be up for a meet some evening maybe before NavyLCDR takes off. I was trying to get one going for out in Burlington to get more but could not get it together but local would be evern better.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Indeed, if I can ever get my schedule straightened out. What brings you out this way? Usually when I tell people where I live they react like I just said "on Mars," curious what brings another to this corner of the solar system. Hope cryo-stasis wasn't too rough on you :rolleyes:

When I first transferred to Wa 2 years ago, I moved in with my girlfriend who was already living here. She is in the Navy as well and stationed in Bremerton. We decided to find a place that was in the middle for both of us. So we live in Marysville. Her and I broke up a few months back. I decided to find a place closer to work. I didn't like any of the places I looked at for rent in Oak Harbor. I fell in love with the house in Freeland. It's still kinda far from work, but 35 minutes is better than 1hr 10min. Also I like the Freeland/Langley/Bayview/clinton area better than Oak Harbor.

So yeah, that's why i moved to Freeland. Cryo-stasis was fine lol. I was thinking about having an OC BBQ at my house once I get all settled in and get some decent time off.

wolf-father

Would you South Whidbey guys be able to join if I tried to make a dinner for Sun. Oct 7th at http://thefarmhouserestaurant.net/menu (just off the island) I have OCed there a couple of times and nothing was said. or the olive garden not sure if they are OC friendly never been there in Burlington. In hopes we get others from off the island? Or other suggestions welcome.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Olive Garden in Burlington does allow firearms, but will ask you to cover them up. FMJ 911 and I went there a while back and the manager came up to the table and asked us to cover them up so we didn't scare other guests. He did not ask us to leave or take them to our cars though. So it's iffy there.