• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ISP Files "emergency rules" for FOID & CCL

JTHunter2

Springfield, IL – The Illinois State Police filed emergency rules this week to address renewals of Firearm Owner Identification and Concealed Carry Licenses during the COVID-19 epidemic.
These rules are designed to provide FOID card holders and CCL relief from the renewal requirements during the effects of COVID-19 pandemic.
These rule changes are as follows:
  • FOID card holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state’s disaster proclamation and for a period of 12 months following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration.
  • CCL licensees, who submit their renewal application, will remain valid during the duration of the state’s disaster proclamation and for a period of 12 months following its termination, even if their CCL renewal application was not submitted prior to expiration.
  • CCL licensees will not be required to immediately submit proof of three-hour training with their CCL renewal application.
  • CCL licensees will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 12 months following the termination of the state’s disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL license.
ISP will continue to enforce both FOID and CCL prohibitors. FOID card holders who receive revocation notices shall return their FOID and Firearm Disposition Record form to the Illinois State Police. CCL holders who receive revocation notices shall return their CCL license to the Illinois State Police.

These new rules are effective immediately.

CJ4wd

With all the delays and other problems the state is having, some dealers are no longer accepting FOID and CCPs that have expired despite the information from the ISP.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The Illinois State Police filed emergency rules this week to address renewals of Firearm Owner Identification and Concealed Carry Licenses during the COVID-19 epidemic.
I have done a lot of searching and can't find those "filed emergency rules."
I would like to see those "filed rules."
What does those "filed rules" say?
What law gives the state police authority to amend state law?

Enquiring minds want to know.

solus

Milord, your kind attention is directed to the other recent IL thread and this cite...

one hopes your curiosity has been sated and your mind has wandered back home...:unsure::unsure:

ps: had to fix misspelled word and add: [curiosity killed the cat...(my ending~satisfaction brought it back!)]

Last edited:

solus

...Now that right there is funny...I don't care who ya are...

missed that completely OC...thanks needed that laugh...glad to see the dictator syndrome has filtered down to the blue brotherhood autocratics.

JTHunter2

I have done a lot of searching and can't find those "filed emergency rules."
I would like to see those "filed rules."
What does those "filed rules" say?
What law gives the state police authority to amend state law?
Enquiring minds want to know.

These may be "internal" rules as they are of a "temporary" nature. From what I have read and heard at Illinois Carry (.) com, the underlying "laws" have not been changed. These are because of "Jabba's" emergency edicts (E.O.) which, according to state law, are only supposed to last for 30 days.
IIRC, we are approaching Day 90. Need I say more?