• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

it is all in how it is spun

xmirage2kx

imported post

If Anti-gun people want to spin statistics and promote fear of guns it is really easy. I was thinking about all the Anti garbage I have read lately and how they twist the truth to fit them, if not outright lie. After hearing an extended family member twist a story to make it sound like all gun owners are trigger happy murderers I thought I would take a mundane day and make it seem like a war, after making my point I thought I would reconstruct it and post it here.

Here is how I start my day:

I wake up every morning to the sounds battle filling the air with a filth only known to a select few. I stealthily navigate through the rubble around me in the dark until I make it to my first stop as to not draw attention to myself. I enter a small room and I am almost blinded by the bright lights that appear around. I look at my watch, and remember that I don’t have time to spare as I mask any odors I have created from yesterdays battles. I sneak back through the rubble, injuring myself on a missed piece of shrapnel, to grab my gear for the day. As I strap on my Communications devices and my many weapons I check each to assure proper function so they will be ready when I need them. I wish my bunkmates well hoping not to wake them so they will have a few extra hours of peaceful slumber before their journey begins. I gasp as I step out into the icy air, cursing that I once again forgot my proper tactical gear. I mutter to myself how cold things seem to have gotten lately as I quickly dash to my specialized urban assault vehicle again glancing at my watch hoping I am not too late. I turn the key and the machine roars to life. I quickly realize that the night has left my windows in a haze as I get out clearing just enough room to see. I look at my watch again and tear down the road in a near panic with no regards for anything in my way hoping I make it in time. I have learned to take the back roads now, as the many enemies and roadblocks seem to be endless at trying to stop my progress. About 30 minutes have gone by since I first started my assault vehicle and as I pull up to my destination. I find it ironic that the vehicles high preformance interiorhas just begun to get warm. As I exit into the cold mornings air I make my way to the battlefield knowing that today will be a tough one… after all it is only Monday.

Now if I remove the spin my same day can sound like this:

I wake up every morning to the sounds on the local radio talk show host discusing today’s “topic”. I quietly walk through my bedroom and hallway watching not to step on any of the many children’s toys around me leaving the lights off so I don’t wake my wife. I enter the bathroom and cringe when I turn on the lights. I look at my watch, and remember that I only have given myself 15 minutes to shower and leave the house. I head back to my bedroom, stepping on a Lego and grab my pants. As Ipocket my cell phone, pager, pocket knife, car keys, wallet, and gun I check each to make sure they are on and working. I kiss my wife and kids hoping not to wake them so they will have a few extra hours of sleep before they have to get up. The breeze chills me as I step out into the cold air, cursing that I once again forgot my coat. I mutter to myself how cold things seem to have gotten lately as I quickly dash to my Geo metro, glancing at my watch hoping I am not running to far behind and dropping my keys in the dark. I turn the key and the car slowly trys to starts, finally sputtering to life. I quickly realize that the night has left my windows covered in frost as I get out clearing just enough room to see using an old credit card. I look at my watch again driving 5mph above the speed limit hoping I make it to work before i am late enough to draw attention to my arrival. I have learned to take the back roads now, as the Police and Red lights always slow me down. After about 30 minutesI arrive at work. I find it ironic that my POS Geo has just begun to get warm. As I exit into the cold mornings air I rush into my office knowing that today will be along one… after all it is only Monday, and I put off my assignments so I could leave early last Friday.