• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Iwb

afcarry

Okay, I know in Colorado, they define "Open Carry" essentially by saying that no part of the clothing may fold over or conceal any part of the weapon. I have seen no such explanation for the state of Missouri, just that the weapon must be in plain sight to the average person. I assume to be on the safe side its the same as Colorado, so I carry all belt or paddle. Is there a reference for this, or is it generally accepted? Does anybody open carry IWB with a tucked in shirt or something similar?

Big Boy

There isn't anything against it. But I have a feeling it would be pretty easy for a cop to call that concealed and if you don't have a permit you are in trouble.

Superlite27

There is nothing in MO statutes that addresses the mode of carry other than "openly carried" or "concealed".

Therefore, there is no such thing as "partially concealed". If you can see it....it isn't really concealed. Kinda' like digging half a hole, or being partially preganant.

It is either one way, or another.

If you hide behind the curtains, you are concealed.

If you stick any part of your body out, such as your hand, it can be seen. Therefore, you are no longer concealed.

I have always been one to focus like a laserbeam on contradictions. I would absolutely LOVE to get nailed for ulawful concealment in Missouri for IWB. (Unfortunately, This won't happen as I have my CCW). If I did, I would be packing my firearm IWB all over downtown St. Louis. Then, when they tried to arrest me for OC, I would simply whip out my paperwork and say, "How is this possible? I was just nailed for improperly concealing with the same rig. Which is it? Concealed, or unconcealed?"

afcarry

You have a great point, and I agree completely. The problem is that for me to get pinged for unlawful concealed carry may have disastrous consequences on my career. I don't quite have the ability to "try again," per se. So as I see arguments on both side of the road, Ill call a LEO and see what he says, then Ill call another one. lol

cash50

I've seen guys open carrying with a Kholster, if you know what that holster is. It's IWB and they recieved no extra attention.

ChiangShih

Personally, I would avoid an IWB holster. Though you would technically inside the law I can imagine too many scenarios where you might get some trouble for it. Even if you're tucked in and you drape your arm over the pistol it could be misconstrued as an attempt to conceal. Bad LEOs can pretty much claim what they want and it will cost you to prove them wrong.