• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jake Knotts and the NRA

John Canuck

Here he (Jake Knotts) is with an A rating from the NRA, and the seal of approval right beside his name.

http://www.nrapvf.org/grades-endorsements/2012/south-carolina.aspx

These are words of wisdom I received from the NRA regarding Jake:

"He's got a solid voting record, worked with me this year to try to get a
restaurant carry bill passed, and helped pass the bill that repealed the rest
of the old 70s anti-gun legislation (dealer licensing and melting point
provisions).* I'm not sure what you are hearing, but he works well with me."

"worked with me this year to try to get a restaurant carry bill passed"

???? Either someone has been sniffing glue, is easily confused, or is in a different business than gun rights. Someone over at NRA HQ needs to wake up and smell the do-do.

Here are some contacts that could use some encouragement to get in the GD game here in SC. Assuming of course anyone really thinks they care.

MBond@nrahq.org
ARoulette@nrahq.org

There are also email addy's for a couple of EVC's at the bottom of the NRA page linked above. Maybe they care what gun owners think???

Last edited:

John Canuck

To: xxx

Subject: Help needed on Katrina Shealy campaign

Good morning Victory Volunteers.

Please contact Rebecca Shadwell : rebecca.shealyforsenate@gmail.com if you are interested or know anybody interested in helping with a massive literature drop for the Katrina Shealy for Senate 23 Campaign this week. Her campaign would really appreciate all the extra "hands and feet" they can use this week.

Thanks,
Vicki Robbins
Victory 2012 Volunteer Coordinator

John Canuck

I have no idea but you could ask her. Even if she defines it the same as Jake Knotts, at least we found out that even the NRA cannot save a dirty racist politician. He can no longer scuttle pro-gun legislation (and then have the NRA tell gun owners how awesome he is) so at least there is a chance that pro-gun bills will get a vote.

I worked as hard as I could on her campaign. I don't have much time to spare with three children under the age 2.5. I donated a few dollars that I could spare and hope it did her some good to get rid of that goof.

hp-hobo

"Newly elected state Sen.-elect Katrina Shealy said Wednesday that she will work to make concealed weapons permits optional and pass a school-choice bill – two issues soon-to-be-former state Sen. Jake Knotts opposed."

http://www.thestate.com/2012/11/08/...ll-vote-to-loosen.html#storylink=omni_popular

The problem is in the numbers. While Ms Shealy will no doubt work toward less oppressive/un-Constitutional gun laws in this state, there are 45 other Senators who may or may not do the same. I can tell you for a fact that District 35 had a generally pro-gun, moderate Democrat (Leventis) retire and elected an anti-gun, liberal (McElveen) to take his place. He doesn't have a voting record yet, but the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

http://mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/members/members.shtml#SC

It looks like it's become time to get out of this generally corrupt, blue turning state.

John Canuck

You could be right. If we need to work to have others voted out, I guess that's what will have to happen.