• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Joe Biden: Force BCs for anyone with 3D printer code for making guns

OC for ME

People who 'possess' computer code that could allow a 3D printer to produce a plastic firearm would be required to submit to a federal government background check under Biden's plan, as though they were purchasing a finished weapon from a dealer.

Unenforceable?

solus

Joe’s grasp of reality is faltering worse then bernie’s health

CJ4wd

Wouldn't it be fair to say that the majority of laws and regulations are not so much "proactive" but "reactive" or even "punitive"? After all, has there ever been a law that wasn't broken at one time or another?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Wouldn't it be fair to say that the majority of laws and regulations are not so much "proactive" but "reactive" or even "punitive"? After all, has there ever been a law that wasn't broken at one time or another?
Proactive or reactive is irreverent, either way they are all punitive in nature. Any law that is in conflict with the constitution is unconstitutional. A law cannot rely on one part of the constitution to negate another part of the constitution. In other words, the commerce clause cannot be used to deny your second amendment right. See
United States v. Lopez, 514 U. S. 549 (1995) and United States v. Morrison, 529 U.S. 598 (2000).