• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** june meeting **

ecocks

JUNE MEETING

For our June 13 Meeting we will have State Representative Marv Hagedorn, District 20 (Meridian and assorted other parts of Ada & Canyon), as our guest. He will be prepared to chat about the recent Constitutional Carry and Campus Carry issues which were in the ID Legislature this year as well as just knock back some BBQ and chit-chat.

For those who always complain we aren't presenting political concerns and "getting out there", here's your chance. Don't miss the opportunity to get in touch with your state representatives and senators if you want to be taken seriously and have some input into how things change.

ecocks

Ugh, Marv had to reschedule for our July meeting. He personally came by to let me know face-to-face that he had missed a calendar entry and remained extremely interested in talking with the organization on the issues of Constitutional and Campus Carry.

I will be looking for another guest in the next couple of days and continue to urge people to be here for the meeting this month AND next month to chat with Marv.

carracer

Don't forget...meeting tonite! We will have a couple of members of Treasure Valley Gun Slingers to tell us about Cowboy Fast Draw competition local and nationally!

Zhukov

Ed, since you have had a chance to speak to Mr. Hagedorn, would you be willing to run a question by him if you get a chance?

1-907 grants the court the authority to manage its business.

18-3302J is state preemption on firearm law.

Ada county is claiming that 1-907 allows the court to regulate the carry of firearms in the court except that 18-3302J specifically states it is the legislature's purview to do so and not the courts.

Can Mr. Hagedorn contact the AG and have him investigate since it would then be a state interest? The AG doesn't usually respond to anything from regular folks.

Also: I wonder if they'd be willing to amend 1-907 to specifically state they don't have that authority, or have them clarify the extent of that court order's reach. I believe Canyon County tries to state DMV is still in the "courthouse" to try and block open carry there.

I'll shoot him an email from the legislature contact page too.

Last edited:

Zhukov

Spoke to Marv by email and he apologized for double booking the meeting again.

He asked for the next meeting date and I stated I believed July 11th would be the date.

Is that correct? I told him he could double-check with Ed on that one.

He was stating the main issue is that nobody has challenged the Administrative Order but agrees it doesn't seem to mesh with the statutes.

He is looking into it and are waiting for some court cases to clear up before the push.