• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just another Monday

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Well there I was, just sitting out the couch, all out of Mucinex running a wicked fever of 103, I took the temperature orally, the whole while, oc'ing.

The was okay, it was definately cooler outside, than it was in my mouth, so I decided to wear kahki's, and a blue polo shirt, then I realized the shirt did not match my eyes, this is when I put on a brown shirt to compliment my eyes. Had my weapon at the 2:30 position my right hip. Feeling good so far.

So I get going to the doctor, its hard not to spend a C-note there anymore, the co-pay alone is 15 dollars, throw in a couple chest x-rays and my wallet is empty.

I then got my perscriptions and took them to the pharmacy, while waiting for them to be filled at Walgrees, I purused my way through aisles 2 A&B, 3,4,7 B, and the frozen foods section. Few people noticed my weapon, and I got a smile from a sweet old lady -- she asked me why I conceal a second weapon in the front of my pants, I told her it wasn't easy.

On the way home I decided to get some food, I went to White Castle, I ordered a large Diet Coke, fries, and 3 cheese burgers.

While continuing home I remembered that I was out of mayonaise and veal, luckily I had a coupon that got me the mayonaise for free when I bought a dead calf! (sweet)

I then continued home to feast upon my White Castle.

Just another Monday? -- I think not, I almost died of boredom.

ralphb72

imported post

Sorry about your cold, I have one too, seems like that time of year again. Yesterday I had to disarm, (Kids scout meeting is in a school). When I got home, I finished getting dressed (armed).

I was wearing a classic luberjack (black and red squares) flannel shirt tucked in and open carrying. After a very long (and busy) day, was informed that there was meds to pick up at the pharmacy and take to my grandma. OC'd in CVS. Spent quite a bit of time talking to the clerk and waiting in line, noone said a word.

OC'd to the nursing home, no comments from anyone, not even Grandma. Ended up getting home around 9:50 and then had some stuff to do, paperwork etc..

Needless to say I didnt' go anywhere after work tonight, OC on the couch and getting ready to put the monsters in bed and watch ghost whisperer. A boring FRi night but much better then run run run from yesterday.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

I do hope it was Hellman's mayo.

Any other brand would, well it just wouldn't be real.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
I do hope it was Hellman's mayo.

Any other brand would, well it just wouldn't be real.
Funny guy! You still on these boards hank? I haven't been on in a while... busy!