• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just checking in on you guys...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
With all that blood in the streets that was certain to follow your new Green State status, I just wanted to see if even one of you were left alive... What with all of the wild-west shootouts you must now be having while intoxicated... I'll be shocked, just shocked if there is anyone left alive in Oklahoma to reply to my post...

And just in case you didn't catch it: [/sarcasm]

:p

cbxer55

We're all still here, having a big luncheon on Sunday. Lots of folks carrying openly. Cool. This whole open carry thing has been one big NON- EVENT. Most people don't even notice you are packing heat, and if they do they are cool about it.

Last edited:

Bruster

It's going very well. I open carry everywhere and kinda get a kick from the double takes and the bug eyes.

okiephlyer

It's going very well. I open carry everywhere and kinda get a kick from the double takes and the bug eyes.

You must be carrying in different places that I do. I have not had any bug eyes, and very few double takes. Positive response running about 50 to 1 against negative response.

Ottoloader

Being the nature of where I work, I cannot carry or even have a firearm in my vehicle while at work. I have not even seen anyone carry as of yet and I pay real close attention to all my surroundings. Glad it's going well though even when I do carry it's not openly.

websterz

I was killed the other day but I recovered. :banana:

I OC about 50% of the time and have yet to see anyone else in my town with one in the open.

Archerman99

"Being the nature of where I work, I cannot carry or even have a firearm in my vehicle while at work. I have not even seen anyone carry as of yet and I pay real close attention to all my surroundings. Glad it's going well though even when I do carry it's not openly."

Unless you are a teacher or work at a high school or lower grade school, no employer can legally enforce their rule on no firearms in your vehicle
Are you a teacher or faculty?

TITLE 21 § 1289.7a
A. No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall maintain, establish, or enforce any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing firearms or ammunition in a locked motor vehicle, or from transporting and storing firearms or ammunition locked in or locked to a motor vehicle on any property set aside for any motor vehicle.
B. No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be liable in any civil action for occurrences which result from the storing of firearms or ammunition in a locked motor vehicle on any property set aside for any motor vehicle, unless the person, property owner, tenant, employer, or owner of the business entity commits a criminal act involving the use of the firearms or ammunition. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to claims pursuant to the Workers’ Compensation Act.
C. An individual may bring a civil action to enforce this section. If a plaintiff prevails in a civil action related to the personnel manual against a person, property owner, tenant, employer or business for a violation of this section, the court shall award actual damages, enjoin further violations of this section, and award court costs and attorney fees to the prevailing plaintiff

Last edited:

Keylock

OC has been the biggest non-issue of my life. Nothing but positive comments from the wide spectrum of people I come into contact with.

The only negative aspect of it all is that my employer has a policy of no firearms in their vehicle (which is my office). And because I go to Canada nearly every week, I have to leave all the hardware behind. Major suckage of being a law abiding person.

Glock 1st fan

I guess I am in the lucky category. I have open carried for 17 years (3 of them in Alabama) and always had pleasant responses. One of the perks to the job ;-)

Bullbuster

"Being the nature of where I work, I cannot carry or even have a firearm in my vehicle while at work. I have not even seen anyone carry as of yet and I pay real close attention to all my surroundings. Glad it's going well though even when I do carry it's not openly."

Unless you are a teacher or work at a high school or lower grade school, no employer can legally enforce their rule on no firearms in your vehicle
Are you a teacher or faculty?

TITLE 21 § 1289.7a
A. No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall maintain, establish, or enforce any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing firearms or ammunition in a locked motor vehicle, or from transporting and storing firearms or ammunition locked in or locked to a motor vehicle on any property set aside for any motor vehicle.
B. No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be liable in any civil action for occurrences which result from the storing of firearms or ammunition in a locked motor vehicle on any property set aside for any motor vehicle, unless the person, property owner, tenant, employer, or owner of the business entity commits a criminal act involving the use of the firearms or ammunition. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to claims pursuant to the Workers’ Compensation Act.
C. An individual may bring a civil action to enforce this section. If a plaintiff prevails in a civil action related to the personnel manual against a person, property owner, tenant, employer or business for a violation of this section, the court shall award actual damages, enjoin further violations of this section, and award court costs and attorney fees to the prevailing plaintiff

Keep in mind that we have military members like myself on here and as we all know you can't carry a loaded firearm onto or on a military base. But beyond that your site is a great add on to your reply.

Archerman99

Keep in mind that we have military members like myself on here and as we all know you can't carry a loaded firearm onto or on a military base. But beyond that your site is a great add on to your reply.

BullBuster-I forgot all about that. I'm never in that area, I live north, so I forget all about the base. Thanks for the clarification