• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kansan In Oklahoma

manowar1313

Hello everyone,
I am a student in Oklahoma from Kansas, I have permanent residency in Kansas and plan on returning once my education is complete. I have a conceal carry permit in Kansas which through reciprocity allows me to conceal carry in Oklahoma, BUT Oklahoma requires citizens to have a license to open carry. Since Kansas does not require a license to open carry can I open carry in Oklahoma? I have contacted the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigations and they have not gotten back to me.
If I open carry in Oklahoma or accidentally expose while I am conceal carrying will my conceal carry license cover me? I Kansas Yes, in Oklahoma?

So far I have found this in research:
SB 1733
Any person entering this state in possession of a firearm authorized for concealed or unconcealed carry upon the authority and license of another state is authorized to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed firearm and license in this state; provided the license from the other state remains valid. The firearm must either be carried fully unconcealed or concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state, the person must disclose the fact that he or she is in possession of a concealed or unconcealed firearm pursuant to a valid concealed or unconcealed carry weapons permit or license issued in another state. Any person who is twenty-one (21) years of age or older having a valid firearm license from another state may apply for a concealed handgun license in this state immediately upon establishing a residence in this state.

Section 1290.26.
RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT AUTHORITY
The State of Oklahoma hereby recognizes any valid concealed
carry weapons permit or license issued by another state
, or if the
state is a non
permitting carry state, this state
shall reciprocate
under the permitting law of that state

Super6O

Oklahoma has "Handgun carry permits". These cover both open and concealed. When we visit our kansas concealed carry licenses are recognized by oklahoma as equivalent to the oklahoma HCP. So a Kansan with a KS concealed carry permit may legally open carry in OK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manowar1313

Oklahoma has "Handgun carry permits". These cover both open and concealed. When we visit our kansas concealed carry licenses are recognized by oklahoma as equivalent to the oklahoma HCP. So a Kansan with a KS concealed carry permit may legally open carry in OK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's how I would interpret that, but since Kansas doesn't have an equivalent to Oklahoma's open carry permit I don't want to assume no license is the same as their open carry license.
*I was completely shocked by Oklahoma, the tyranny*