• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky list of OC friendly or unfriendly businesses

Statesman

imported post

Disclaimer: To be used for informational purposes only. Any links in this post are NOT endorsed by OpenCarry.org, or its owners or administrators. OCDO, its owners, users, or administrators do not endorse, control, or take responsibility for the use or accuracy of this information, or associated data.

######################################################

Everyone,

Please add your Kentucky OC experiences to friendorfoe.us, or update an existing rating. It is also important to include listings of anti-gun businesses that either post "no guns" signs, or have asked you to leave the premises because you are legally carrying, concealed or open carry.

New opencarry.org users: Use this link below to patronize local businesses that recognize gun rights, and avoid those who do not.

http://friendorfoe.us

######################################################

Disclaimer: To be used for informational purposes only. OCDO, it's owners, users, or administrators does not endorse or take responsibility for the use or accuracy of this information. Store policies are subject to change. Please notify us if you are made aware of such change, and provide source emails or documents to be posted here.

I obtained the following list of corporate policies from the Michigan forum. Credit goes to those who worked to obtain this great info. We may be able to print off these emails, and give to store associates who don't understand corporate policies, which may be subject to change.

source: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/15478.html

Corporate Policies

Kroger/Fred Meyer

Thank you for your email.
Our policy on guns in our stores is simply to comply with the law. We recognize and respect the right to carry a weapon and we are aware that not everyone who has a weapon has a concealed weapon permit. However, we serve all varieties of Customers in our stores – we do not discriminate based on anything – not gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or opinion. So, as I’m sure you are aware, there may be times when an unconcealed weapon is upsetting, particularly to some mothers who are shopping with their children. If you have a concealed weapon permit, we would appreciate it if you would conceal your weapon, but we recognize that you do not have to by law.

Best regards,

Melinda Merrill
Director, Public Affairs
503.797.3830 p
503.797.5609 f

melinda.merrill@fredmeyer.com
http://www.fredmeyer.com

CASE SUMMARY
REF# 7162545
Notification Type: Unresolved To Division
Contact Method: Email Contact
Date Received: 9/8/2009 12:49:00 AM
Received By: FM Unresolved Notification
Additional Case Detail:
Initial Rep: ch58449

[align=center] [/align] ISSUE DETAILS
Issue #1 Division Policy Inquiry
Driver:
Issue Status: O
Store: NO STORE
Incident Date & Time: 09/07/2009 00:00:00
Employee Name:
UPC: Not Provided, UPC Description:
Brand Name:
Additional Product Information:

[align=center] [/align] CUSTOMER COMMENTS:
Text # 1 - Customer Verbatim - 9/16/2009 3:15:11 PM
In the state of Washington we have the right to keep and bear arms in self defense and the defense of others. Those who can lawfully own a firearm can lawfully openly carry a firearm without permit, or conceal carry a firearm with a Conceal Pistol License. Private property owners can make rules for visitors concerning the carry of firearms. Can you please send me a copy of Kroger/Fred Meyer corporate policy on the carrying of firearms by customers?Thank you,M***** R*******.

Text # 2 - Email Rep Reply to Customer - 9/16/2009 3:16:33 PM
Thank you for contacting Fred Meyer regarding your policy inquiry. Your comment has been forwarded to the Main Office for follow up.

Again, thank you for writing.

Barnes & Noble

Original Message From: "Mary Ausman" <MJAusman@bn.com>

To: XXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 1:42 PM
Subject: Barnes & Noble

While we are unable to discuss customer situations with an uninvolved third part, to answer your question, Barnes & Noble complies with the law and, except where prohibited by law, does not prohibit its customers from carrying handguns or other firearms in a Barnes & Noble store in accordance with the laws of the state in which a store is located.
Sincerely, Mary Ausman
Supervisor, Customer Retention
Barnes & Noble, Inc. 122 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10011
tel: (800) 422-7717 fax: (212)352.3660 http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com

Walmart
Policy is to follow the law of the state the store located.
Customer Service1-800-Wal-Mart
(1-800-925-6278) Questions regarding a Wal-Mart Store issue
702 SW 8th Street
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Bentonville, Arkansas 72716-8611

Email contact link:
http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx

Audio of Walmart Policy: Walmart_Firearm_Policy_Call.mp3

Cabelas:

Thank you for the recent email. I am very sorry for the confusion that took place at our retail location.
Our corporate office has taken action in regards to the below mentioned issue and here is what has been decided.
We have made the decision to comply with state laws in regards to open carry. We do not ask customers to check concealed or open carry weapons where the state has laws governing this situation. Our signs refer to firearms that are being returned or sold to Cabela's.

If you are still having problems please feel free to let us know

Thanks again

Becky
Lead Associate
Cabela's Retail Information
1-800-905-2731
retail.contactgroup<AT>
cabelas.com

Toys-R-US

Dear Mr. Ross:

Thank you for contacting Toys R Us regarding the recent tragedy in our store. Naturally, we want our guest's to be safe and feel confident while they are shopping. We adhere to the state law of whatever state a particular store is located in since the governing laws regarding gun control vary across the country. At this time I have not been notified that this will change though I can not guarantee that it won't in the future. I invite you to submit your concerns to our corporate head office for further attention.

Toys R Us
Attn: Gerald Storch (CEO)
1 Geoffrey Way
Wayne, NJ 07470

If you have any further questions or concerns please email us or contact our customer service line at 1-800-869-7787.

Sincerely,

Beverly McCann
Toys R Us Corporate Guest Relations Team

LOWE'S
Dear XXXX XXXX:

Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our policy on firearms in our stores.

Lowe's currently does, and will continue to abide by federal, state and local laws regarding firearms, and we do not prohibit customers from carrying firearms into our stores.

Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers, however; we take all comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms. We will respect federal, state and local laws regarding this.

If Lowe's can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989 or email
execustservice@lowes.com. You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to P.O. Box 1111, Mail Code CON8, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659.

Thank you,
Julie Holloway
Lowe's Executive Customer Service

Home Depot.

[url]http://www.tennesseefirearms.com/law_regs/postedletters/homedepo.pdf[/url]

Customer care number. 1-800-430-3376
Contact link:
[url]http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentView?pn=Contact_Us&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053[/url]

Recieved this from Jerry. Seems to contradict the letter.

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 06:13:57 -0400 (EDT)
hdconsumeraffairs@homedepot.com>
To:
warchild44spcl@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Other Website Questions

Dear Jerry,
The Home Depot Customer Care is in receipt of your email. We appreciate you taking the time to email us. Our general policy is not to ban customers from carrying firearms on the Home Depot property in those states having a concealed firearm law, provided they are carrying the firearm in accordance with the applicable laws.
If the firearm is not concealed in accordance with the carrying permit (typically that means concealed and cannot be seen by members of the public), it is up to the manager based on personal comfort level to approach the individual directly and request them to leave the premises or to contact local law enforcement for purposes of having the individual removed. Thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,
Ricky
Customer Care

BEST BUY's POLICY

from Customer Contact <
CustomerContact@bestbuy.com>
to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
date Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 7:31 PM
subject Best Buy Gun policy - XXXXXXXX
mailed-by
bestbuy.com

Best Buy strives to comply with all applicable law and statues. Best Buy also strives to provide a safe and comfortable shopping environment for all our customers. Best Buy does not ban guns at our retail locations. As a general rule, Best Buy does not post “no guns allowed” signs in our stores and we are not aware of any individual stores that might have posted such a sign.

BOB EVANS

Bob Evans - Reference # 536155

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to e-mail regarding our Bob Evans Restaurants. Bob Evans follows all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to firearms. Please contact your local Bob Evans restaurants for the specific regulations. Again, Mr. Spice, we appreciate your comments. We value your patronage and appreciate your interest in Bob Evans Farms Inc.

Bass Pro. Inc. Clarifies Policy – Open Carry Welcome!

OpenCarry.org (OCDO) is pleased to announce that Bass Pro Inc. advised OCDO co-founder Mike Stollenwerk by telephone today that open carry of holstered handguns is as welcome as concealed carry provided all federal and state laws are followed.

After being contacted by OpenCarry.org (and apparently some of our almost 20,000 some thousand members) about sporadic inconsistent treatment of open carriers at some Bass Pro shops, Bass Pro’s Manager of Communications Larry L. Whiteley asked OCDO co-founder Mike Stollenwerk for more background information and some time to straighten things out.

Stollenwerk advised Whitely two weeks ago that open carry is legal in most states, usually without a permit, and that Sportsmens’ Warehouse and Cabelas have adopted clear corporate policies welcoming open carriers in their stores just as they do concealed carriers. Further Stollenwerk noted, it’s better to adopt one clear corporate policy than allow individual employees make up store rules or give legal advice to customers, i.e., the proverbial but well meaning, “psst, hey, you gotta cover that up, it’s the law” kind of thing, which can get gun owners in trouble for breaking the law and unlawfully concealing (e.g., in Wisconsin where no permit to conceal is even issued).

Well today Mr. Whiteley called and confirmed that Bass Pro’s policy is and “always was” to be to respect lawful customer gun carry, concealed or open, and that steps the following steps are being taken to ensure this policy is understood by all managers and employees, including production and distribution of training videos as well re-drafting of signage pertaining to guns.

OpenCarry.org is pleased that Bass Pro. joins both Sportsmens’ Warehouse and Cabelas in clarifying to OpenCarry.org that open carry is welcome in their stores as a matter of corporate policy.

mike m

imported post

Added a few places I have been . I carry every where I go and have been in w. KY for approx 4 yrs. I also O.C. every where so iI get looked at all the time. Best Buy, and the whole mall area are off limits as far as they will call law enforcement, and ask u to leave or vehicle your firearm. I don't shop at either any more. Gander Mtn O.C. friendly never had a problem.

RJHORSE66

imported post

WICKS PIZZA IS ANTI GUN THEY HAVE AN NFA STICKER ON THE DOOR !! I TO CARRY EVERY WHERE I GO AND THAT IS THE ONLY PLACE I HAVE SEEN ONE OF THOSE IN MY TRAVELS SO FAR! SO NEEDLESS TO SAY I DONT EAT AT WICKS !!!!!:banghead:

Unfettered Might

imported post

Mike Linings(sp?), the seafood restaurant out by the Green Belt Hwy. I was politely asked to take my firearm back to my car before I even made it inside by one of the employees. He stated that the owners wouldn't let me in with it, although I didn't confirm this. I was on a first date with someone and really didn't want to push the issue and make a scene. But I shall return without a date in tow and see if one of the owners tells me the same thing.

Statesman

imported post

Wow! The owners actually open carry? Probably not in store?

Please support Botany Bay with your dollars. I believe I still have some Christmas shopping to do.

Botany Bay

932 Winchester Road, Lexington, KY

Positive Experience
- 12/4/2009 Owners Open Carry. Woot! Real liberty people

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Add Kroger/Fred Meyer to the list -

Our policy on guns in our stores is simply to comply with the law. We recognize and respect the right to carry a weapon and we are aware that not everyone who has a weapon has a concealed weapon permit. However, we serve all varieties of Customers in our stores – we do not discriminate based on anything – not gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or opinion. So, as I’m sure you are aware, there may be times when an unconcealed weapon is upsetting, particularly to some mothers who are shopping with their children. If you have a concealed weapon permit, we would appreciate it if you would conceal your weapon, but we recognize that you do not have to by law.

Best regards,

Melinda Merrill
Director, Public Affairs
503.797.3830 p
503.797.5609 f

melinda.merrill@fredmeyer.com
www.fredmeyer.com

[align=center][/align] CASE SUMMARY
REF# 7162545
Notification Type: Unresolved To Division
Contact Method: Email Contact
Date Received: 9/8/2009 12:49:00 AM
Received By: FM Unresolved Notification
Additional Case Detail:
Initial Rep: ch58449

[align=center] [/align] ISSUE DETAILS
Issue #1 Division Policy Inquiry
Driver:
Issue Status: O
Store: NO STORE
Incident Date & Time: 09/07/2009 00:00:00
Employee Name:
UPC: Not Provided, UPC Description:
Brand Name:
Additional Product Information:

[align=center] [/align] CUSTOMER COMMENTS:
Text # 1 - Customer Verbatim - 9/16/2009 3:15:11 PM
In the state of Washington we have the right to keep and bear arms in self defense and the defense of others. Those who can lawfully own a firearm can lawfully openly carry a firearm without permit, or conceal carry a firearm with a Conceal Pistol License. Private property owners can make rules for visitors concerning the carry of firearms. Can you please send me a copy of Kroger/Fred Meyer corporate policy on the carrying of firearms by customers?Thank you,M***** R*******.

Text # 2 - Email Rep Reply to Customer - 9/16/2009 3:16:33 PM
Thank you for contacting Fred Meyer regarding your policy inquiry. Your comment has been forwarded to the Main Office for follow up.

Again, thank you for writing.

Statesman

imported post

Unfettered Might wrote:
Mike Linings(sp?), the seafood restaurant out by the Green Belt Hwy. I was politely asked to take my firearm back to my car before I even made it inside by one of the employees. He stated that the owners wouldn't let me in with it, although I didn't confirm this. I was on a first date with someone and really didn't want to push the issue and make a scene. But I shall return without a date in tow and see if one of the owners tells me the same thing.
Did you ever go back to clarify?

Undertaker

imported post

Kings Daughters Medical Center and Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital have posted NFA on every entrance. KDMC's signsnote 'in accordance with KRS 237'. Rather than stirr the pot from the bottom up, I plan to meet with with the administrtator of each hospital after the holidays. I know appearance has nothing to do with the law, but we must remember that our appearance, professionalism, and demeanor will go a long way in our efforts to educate when we address these issues with the proper management. I'll report back on my meetings.

superdemon

imported post

The Toys-R-Us in Lexington, KY on Nicholasville Rd.has a sign on the front door saying weapons are not permitted, period.

For that reason, I did none of my xmas shopping there, and I have a 9 year old son.

Liberty4Ever

imported post

I updated the site to include the successes we've had getting the Lexington parks and libraries to remove their rules banning firearms. I don't like many laws, but that KRS 65.870 is one sweet piece of legislation!

BTW - Botany Bay on Winchester Road is not only open carry friendly, they now have the open carry friendly sign on the front door that invites customers to be armed!

Flashbang

imported post

I contacted Kmart for information regarding OC in their stores. I got the following reply, which will require followup:

Re: firearm policy (KMM7748638I15977L0KM)‏
From: Kmart Customer Relations (Custrel@customerservice.kmart.com)
Sent: Wed 2/03/10 12:40 PM

"Dear *********,
>>> >>
>> Thank you for your recent correspondence. We are always interested in hearing from our customers.

Please contact your local store directly for further assistance. The Pikeville, KY store can be reached at 606-432-0105.

Once again, thank you for contacting us.
>
>> Sincerely,
Jennifer W.,
Retail Customer Care
Sears Holdings Corporation"

Statesman

imported post

Flashbang wrote:
I contacted Kmart for information regarding OC in their stores. I got the following reply, which will require followup:

Re: firearm policy (KMM7748638I15977L0KM)‏
From: Kmart Customer Relations (Custrel@customerservice.kmart.com)
Sent: Wed 2/03/10 12:40 PM

"Dear *********,
>>> >>
>> Thank you for your recent correspondence. We are always interested in hearing from our customers.

Please contact your local store directly for further assistance. The Pikeville, KY store can be reached at 606-432-0105.

Once again, thank you for contacting us.
>
>> Sincerely,
Jennifer W.,
Retail Customer Care
Sears Holdings Corporation"
That's a standard "dodge & don't answer the question" reply. Corporate headquarters set polices, and stores abide by them. To do otherwise creates headaches for corporate types that don't like dealing with phone calls from the public.

I'd respond back asking specifically for their corporate policy regarding legal customer carry of firearms in their stores. Let me know once you have a solid answer back, and I'll update the main list.

Walkeraviator

Louisville, Commonwealth of Kentucky, , USA
imported post

Its been talked about on here before, but the Stonybrook Movie Theater and the Movie theater At Preston Highway and the gene Snyder... NOT gun friendly. I Conceal Carry in there every time... but they have teh no gun stickers on the doors that quote and entirely irrelevant KRS...