• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kroger CEO says it plain and simple: We follow state laws

BriKuz

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/25/kroger-cfo-we-reject-moms-demand-actions-push-to-disarm-our-customers/

"That was a group called Moms Demand Action. They were opposed to the fact that our policy is to adhere to the local gun laws. If the local gun laws are to allow open carry, we’ll certainly allow customers to do that based on what the local laws are. We don’t believe it’s up to us to legislate what the local gun control laws should be. It’s up to the local legislators to decide to do that."

I can hear Shannon howling from here...

solus

John,mike, grape, et al., wheels for OCDO, and as many readers need to publicly acknowledge and privately send emails and call leaving messages for this CEO for his stance.

this was a big deal to publicly make this kinda of statement and for organizations to just glad hand ourselves at our good fortune, belittle's the CEO's efforts to 'oh hummm!'

by publicly throwing sincere accolades to support the CEO could show other CEOs who are fence sitting to get off their duffs and make a choice, which i believe will support firearms not bloomberg's anti mentality.

looking for corp website to post my thanks from the tarheel state.

ipse

Executive Offices
(please direct correspondence to the attention of a department or individual)

1014 Vine Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1100
(513) 762-4000
www.kroger.com

Corporate Switchboard
(513) 762-4000

tried calling Corp Swbd to ask for Mr. Schlotman's executive assistant but seems they closed at 1600EST

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

John,mike, grape, et al., wheels for OCDO, and as many readers need to publicly acknowledge and privately send emails and call leaving messages for this CEO for his stance.

this was a big deal to publicly make this kinda of statement and for organizations to just glad hand ourselves at our good fortune, belittle's the CEO's efforts to 'oh hummm!'

by publicly throwing sincere accolades to support the CEO could show other CEOs who are fence sitting to get off their duffs and make a choice, which i believe will support firearms not bloomberg's anti mentality.

ipse

Executive Offices

1014 Vine Street
(513) 762-4000
www.kroger.com

Corporate Switchboard
(513) 762-4000

tried calling Corp Swbd to ask for Mr. Schlotman's executive assistant but seems they closed at 1600EST
+10000!!!

Seems like a human trait to be quick to complain and slow to compliment. This is one instance when we need to be very quick to compliment... and often.

Edited to add:
Letter to Mr. Schlotman sent.......

Last edited by a moderator:

325rto

ipse

Executive Offices

1014 Vine Street
(513) 762-4000
www.kroger.com

Corporate Switchboard
(513) 762-4000

Great idea.

jackrockblc

I have, in the past, posted my sincere gratitude about their resistance to MDA. I also open carried into my local King Soopers (owned by Kroger) just yesterday, and I think ONE person had a reaction at all. And I think she was just taken aback to see it (it's sadly not common in Lakewood, CO) - I would hardly call her reaction "negative".

Everybody else either didn't notice, or couldn't care less.