• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KY Gov. signs Executive Order permitting guard members to carry weapons

Sir Diealotz

Shouldn't need to be an "Executive Order" for military personnel IMO.

On a side note: I was reading an article in the Lexington Herald Leader about volunteers guarding recruiting stations in KY and one Sheriff was quoted as saying something like "I don't have a problem with it as long as they are Licensed to carry and they don't carry concealed" :banghead:

I believe the Kentucky Constitution is the only "License" one needs...

Kudos to those volunteers!

DrakeZ07

Shouldn't need to be an "Executive Order" for military personnel IMO.

On a side note: I was reading an article in the Lexington Herald Leader about volunteers guarding recruiting stations in KY and one Sheriff was quoted as saying something like "I don't have a problem with it as long as they are Licensed to carry and they don't carry concealed" :banghead:

I believe the Kentucky Constitution is the only "License" one needs...

Kudos to those volunteers!

The Constitution states that "Seventh: The right to bear arms in defense of themselves and of the State, subject to the power of the General Assembly to enact laws to prevent persons from carrying concealed weapons.

Not to discredit you, but merely to correct your beliefs, the Constitution doesn't give you a license to carry concealed at-will, without having a CCDW, which was voted on and such by the general assembly as part of its right, by the constitution, to prevent people from carrying CC. Granted the same assembly has granted us the right to carry concealed in our homes, places of businesses that we own/have permission to CC in, in our lands, etc.

In my opinion, that Sheriff needs a crash course on Kentucky laws, and to be slapped in the face with the fact that we don't need a LTC, and anyone who does have a CCDW CAN carry concealed. Find me the contact information for this sheriff and I'll call or visit them myself and throw the law at them for their stupid remarks.

Sir Diealotz

I was referencing Open carry, not conceal carry. Perhaps I should have worded it differently... I'll try and find the article.

Found it

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/07/22/3955761/more-kentucky-residents-take-up.html?sp=/99/164/

Swinford said local police allowed the guards on the conditions that they keep the chambers of their firearms empty, that they have no more than three people at a time standing guard, and that everyone with a firearm was licensed to carry it, according to the Sun.

Members of American Legion Riders Post 9 stood outside the recruiting center in Owensboro starting Monday. Police told them they could do so on the condition they not conceal their weapons.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2015/07/22/...idents-take-up.html?sp=/99/164/#storylink=cpy

Last edited: