• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lake Mead Incorrect outdated signage.

28kfps

I took a motorcycle ride this weekend went to Temple Bar AZ. on Lake Mead. Getting close to the lake noticed an old loaded firearms prohibited sign. The law changed in 2010, guess they have been too busy in the past 6 years to remove these signs. This is the second one I e-mailed them on. They did remove the first sign I told them about. We will see what happens with this one.

www.nps.gov/lake

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 10:53 PM, wrote:

Email submitted from: myemail at /lake/contacts.htm (UUID: FE80FAE4-1DD8-B71B- 09EB91267066516C)

As we all know Feb. 22,. 2010 National Parks are to follow the state gun laws of the state where the Park is located in. Of course, there is the no firearm allowed in a facility where government employees work and no shooting. A few years back I pointed out a loaded firearm prohibited sign at the road to Cottonwood Cove and it was removed. Thanks for that. This Friday I went to Temple Bar and there it is another loaded guns prohibited sign that should have been removed 6 years ago. The sign is located about 1/2 mile or so before what I believe is a ranger station/visitor restroom building at the Temple Bar airport road. When I was camping at Cottonwood Cove legally carrying some of the campers were thinking I was breaking the law because the loaded gun prohibited sign was still up. I was able to convince them I knew the law keeping them from calling a ranger from a real issue to answer what would have been a wasted time call. Thank You My name and contact info.
To
LAKE Information, NPS <lake_information@nps.gov> Thank you Donald. I will notify rangers and ask them to look into this and remove it, if appropriate. --Lake Mead National Recreation Area www.nps.gov/lake On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 10:53 PM, <westernds@

To
LAKE Information, NPS <lake_information@nps.gov>
(ME) Thanks for the quick response. I can assure removal is appropriate however, I do understand the need for verification. The last Lake Mead National Rec. sign I reported I did get a reply of removal. Would it be possible to receive the same courtesy notice for the removal of the Temple Bar sign? 11-06-16.
Thanks again

28kfps

Received an update today.

Donald,

I just received confirmation that the sign you mentioned should be removed. We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Our maintenance crews plan to remove it or cover it up as quickly as possible. They will also look at other areas of the park to make sure there are no others incorrectly posted. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.*

--Lake Mead National Recreation Area

www.nps.gov/lake