• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lambeau Field Gun ban to stay. Signs will be posted at the entrances by Tuesday

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news...eld?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true

GREEN BAY - When Wisconsin's concealed carry law goes into effect next week, weapons will still be banned at Lambeau Field.

The Green Bay Packers say signs will be posted at the entrances by Tuesday.

“In maintaining our no weapons policy, the Packers will prohibit carrying firearms or other weapons inside Lambeau Field. Additionally, fans will not be permitted to carry firearms or other weapons in the parking lot. People with proper permits can leave firearms locked in their vehicle. Weapons cannot be carried on a person,” said Doug Collins, Packers director of security/risk management in a statement.

Click link to read entire story...

Trip20

Who's going to excommunicate the Packers now!!!

Lets boycott them and add them to the infringe on our rights sticky.

Go BEARS!!! :lol:

protias

Good luck with ILLinoise. ;)

NFL just won't see any of my money. I will not buy a shirt, jersey, mug, cap, etc, etc, etc. ;)

Mlutz

LOVE IT!!! The Packers do not respect our rights! No guns=No money! DA Bears would never ban guns... :-D

Mlutz

Probably not, but Illinois won't even give them the option. I'm sure we'll never know

Innocent until proven guilty!!! :) But on a serious note, its really th NFL that "bans guns" Paul posted something before about it... Time to look it up...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Innocent until proven guilty!!! :) But on a serious note, its really th NFL that "bans guns" Paul posted something before about it... Time to look it up...

Since when did the NFL get the Power to dictate local & State laws ? I don't care what the NFL regulations are regarding guns in Stadiums. If every NFL stadium said screw you NFL we are going to allow guns in our facilities..what would / could the NFL do ? NOTHING is the correct answer..on that not what would the NFL do if just one stadium said forget you...NOTHING is the correct answer..what the NFL is going to lose all that money & screw up the way the year is scheduled ? NOPE

Last edited:

Mlutz

I like how "carrying a gun" automatically means "carrying a gun while drunk and then being so crazy that you not only brandish it but you shoot someone because the Packers lost."

That WOULD happen... Do you not understand, this is Wisconsin, and we drink a lot more than other states do. So...

Ok, being serious now, I think with pat downs and all of that, you would be "safe", at the event itself. Its the to and from that would be an issue. That being said, they should provide lockers. Since they are adding onto the stadium anyway, add some lockers...

DangerClose

I don't mind the no guns policy inside the stadium since I guess they do wand people and check bags now. And if a bad guy has a gun there, they probably won't get too far when they're surrounded by mobs of people one feet from them. And how many carry people are going to take a shot with that many other people around anyway? Probably not many. ...yes, yes, deterrent factor and things if people have the option to carry... just trying to keep it simple here.

I'm mainly annoyed with the exaggeration that all carry people are lunatics who would get drunk while carrying and then shoot someone because of a football game. It's easy enough to make a case for no guns in the stadium policy without resorting to hyperbole and scare tactics like that.

Last edited:

protias

I don't mind the no guns policy inside the stadium since I guess they do wand people and check bags now. And if a bad guy has a gun there, they probably won't get too far when they're surrounded by mobs of people one feet from them. And how many carry people are going to take a shot with that many other people around anyway? Probably not many. ...yes, yes, deterrent factor and things if people have the option to carry... just trying to keep it simple here.

I'm mainly annoyed with the exaggeration that all carry people are lunatics who would get drunk while carrying and then shoot someone because of a football game. It's easy enough to make a case for no guns in the stadium policy without resorting to hyperbole and scare tactics like that.

How many people do you know would run towards a gun shot?