• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter to Target

T Vance

imported post

I have written a letter that I would like for everyone to read before I send it. Any advice would be appreciated. Let me know if I should post it, or just PM it.

mastiff69

imported post

I don't see any need for any "changes"

Butt i am not a scholar of English BULLY BULLY old chap !!!

PS let us know if you hear anything from target if not maybe i will OC there and see how it turns out :what:I like security guards :lol:They don't like me:cry:

Veritas

imported post

By the way, I'm going to make it a point to visit the Target in Birmingham tomorrow while open carrying. If anyone local to the area wants to roll with me, let me know. I'm talking about the one in the shopping plaza on 15 and Coolidge. If not, I'll go alone and post my results here.

Ironically, I've been to pretty much every store in that plaza EXCEPT for Target. Home Depot, Kroger, Baja Fresh, Petco, Dunhams, Michaels... I've OC'd in all of them without incident. We shall see about Target, though.

Veritas

imported post

jfrenchudm wrote:
I've OC'ed there many a time (Target in Troy, not Birmingham; I know, as I used to work there). Never had a problem at any of the shops in that strip.
You're right... it is Troy. It's funny because those condo's connected to the complex are Birmingham and so is the street directly across.

Anyhow... I went to the Target in Sterling Heights on 16 & Dequindre (next to the Lowes) and the one in Troy on 15 & Coolidge. No incidents. I didn't interact with anyone at the Sterling Heights store, but I sought the assistance of an employee in the electronics area at the one in Troy and he saw my sidearm. It could be totally unrelated, but he spoke into a two-way radio and a security gaurd (dressed in full regalia, no weapon) appeared in the area shortly thereafter. I stuck around about another 10 minutes or so and then left.

Then I lost my car in the parking lot lol.

Veritas

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Glad to see you had no problems.
And I'm sorry to hear that you did. I don't go out of my way to look for trouble, but I was secretly kind of hoping Target would pull some crap with me like they did with you. I wanted to set them straight. Oh well. :p

If anything, I can only hope that these Target stores communicate with eachother and that the issue of their guests openly carrying will be adequately addressed on the corporate level. In your letter to Target, you may want to include brief mention how other Target stores don't seem to mind when other people do it and ask why you were singled out.