• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lexington Center

garyh9900

Does anyone from the Lexington area know much about the affairs of Lexington Center. I was in attendance this weekend at the State Homeland Security Conference which was at Lexington Center. I noticed all the doors had signage saying that weapons were prohibited.

garyh9900

http://lexingtoncenter.com/aboutLCC/About

Lexington Center Corporation

Lexington Center Corporation (LCC) is a not-for profit 501c4 corporate agency of the Lexington Fayette Urban County Government (LFUCG) created to manage and maintain the following facilities:

• Rupp Arena - a 23,000 seat sports and entertainment center, home of University of Kentucky Men’s Basketball.
  • The Lexington Opera House - a 1,000 seat historic theatre, originally built in 1886 and renovated in 1976.
  • Lexington Convention Center - Nearly 130,000 square feet of elegant and versatile meeting, pre-function and exhibition space.
  • The Shops at Lexington Center - Three levels of unique, locally owned and operated boutiques, fine gift and specialty shops with a food court offering casual dining choices.
  • Triangle Park
I would imagine they would have a difficult time legally banning the possession and open carrying of firearms.

mellio

I have carried many times in Lexington center many times. I don't think they take their own signs seriously. I would be willing to bet more people have carried firearms in lexingorn center than any other building in Lexington with all the gun shows that go on there.

neuroblades

I have carried in Lexington Center many times, also. I will be doing so again this Saturday at the gun show there. They do not attempt to enforce this during gun shows. That would mean no gun shows and gun shows are a source of revenue for the city. I am certain they will attempt to enforce this in Lexington Center at any other type of event. Has anyone ever OC'ed there other than at gun shows?

No, I've never attempted it outside of the time of the gunshows BUT.... if you're up for it, a few of us could give it a roll and see how it goes Saturday. *LOL*

Saint Expeditus

I have carried in Lexington Center many times, also. I will be doing so again this Saturday at the gun show there. They do not attempt to enforce this during gun shows. That would mean no gun shows and gun shows are a source of revenue for the city. I am certain they will attempt to enforce this in Lexington Center at any other type of event. Has anyone ever OC'ed there other than at gun shows?

I have never OC'ed there.

I am rarely down there except for UK games. Slightly off topic, I was prevented from entering a UK basketball game once with a pocket knife. I am told this is standard for UK sporting events but I have never had a problem at Commonwealth Stadium.

Saint Expeditus

How did security make that discovery? I usually CC to UK games without a problem.

Stupidly, I left the knife in it's normal carry position, with the clip on my front pocket being visible. It was my fault for lack of SA. I didn't stop to consider that pocket knives wouldn't be allowed. I should have known better.

After "taking the knife back to my car" I was searched when I tried to reenter. The search consisted of emptying my pockets and having my ankles patted down. I felt that the security guy was overly enthusiastic about turning me away and unduly hostile when leading the search. He assumed I hadn't been gone long enough and therefore still had the knife.

I was irritated but polite through the entire episode which seemed to make him more upset by the end. I still made it in on time.

Go Cats! :)

Last edited:

neuroblades

I know that duirng the last few UK games when there was a gunshow, thye had the "command post" van parked out front with their large P.A. system making Orwellian states to those attending the games before entering that they would nt be allowed to have certain items on their person.

Personally, I got kick out of seeing the faces of the game-go'ers as we strolled throught the parking lot towards the building to head to the gunshow with our M4's slung. *LOL* The LEO's were cordial and very polite and would sometimes stop to admire our weapons (check us out). But never once did we ever have an issue with metro.