• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lexington Delivery Man Shoots Would Be Robber

Statesman

imported post

http://www.lex18.com/news/delivery-man-shoots-would-be-robber/

Delivery Man Shoots Would Be Robber

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 6:10 AM
Updated: Jan 29, 2010 7:21 AM

Police say a Lexington delivery driver took matters into his own hands Thursday night when two juveniles tried to rob him. Investigators say that the two juveniles approached the driver around 9:15 p.m outside of an apartment complex along Lake Tower Drive and tried to rob him. But the delivery man had a gun. Police say he fired one shot, hitting one of the would be robbers in the abdomen.

The juvenile was taken to UK Hospital, where he is recovering. Police say both youngsters face robbery charges.

Police continue to investigate the incident.
I'm waiting for the howls from the antis, indicating the punks just wanted to eat the pizza.

+1 for the delivery man

It's interesting Lex 18 didn't report what type of delivery service this was. With the rash of thugs robbing pizza delivery men, maybe they're trying to protect industry reputation.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Based on the bare details, the delivery fellow done good.

Pizza delivery (if that's what was infolved) guys have a rough job. I gotta give those guys their props. I wouldn't advise doing it without a good self-defense strategy...

Statesman wrote:
It's interesting Lex 18 didn't report what type of delivery service this was. With the rash of thugs robbing pizza delivery men, maybe they're trying to protect industry reputation.
I think you're reading too much into it. It's just poor reporting. Lots of local reporters leave out some of the Who/What/Where/When/Why...

KBCraig

imported post

You can pick up the want ads in any city in America and find someone looking for pizza delivery drivers. Most of them will hire former competitors, and not look too closely at whether they were fired for shooting a robber contrary to company policy.

"I was looking for a job when I found this one" comes to mind.

gravedigger

imported post

All pizza delivery men should carry a freshly made GOPHER POISON pizza. When some thugs come up to rob him and demand a free pizza, he should say, "Here ya' go! ENJOY!"