• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Littlestown, PA - Back in the USA!

Don Barnett

A resident of Virginia and a regular Open Carrier, I had some business to take care of in Westminster, MD yesterday. My 11 year old Granddaughter was in tow.

Naturally, my "piece" was hidden all the time I was in Maryland.

After taking care of my business, we decided to go home via Rt 15...Point of Rocks...Leesburg; but thought a side trip via Gettysburg and the St Elizbeth Ann Seton Shrine in Emmittsburg would be fun.

Taking the scenic route via Rt 97, my granddaughter had her nose buried in some electronics game and had no idea we had crossed into Pennsylvania; but she sure noticed the McDonalds in Littlestown.

While eating, a young, well dressed gentleman came in and ordered; he was open carrying.

My granddaughter said: "Poppi, I thought you couldn't carry a gun in Maryland!"

I said: "Welcome back to the USA!":D