• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local OCers! Introduce yourself!

PotterMP

Manhattan

Living in Manhattan now instead of on base. So far a few places that are gun friendly: Best Buy, Jimmy Johns (Aggieville), Rays Apple Market (Anderson), every gas station that I have fueled up at. I went in and got a video game and controller at Best Buy, grocery shopping at Rays both for a moderate length of time. No issues what so ever.
POTTER

crazycamoguy

My name is Lance, just started open carrying here in pleasant hill, mo. I did my CCW class a few months ago, but wanted to test the waters with OCing. Ive had very good luck so far, a few double takes, but nothing major. My town is pretty small, so i dont think its a big deal here. Ive ventured out to harrisonville and independence with no problems yet either. I even took the time to call both the other cities just to verify ordinances and such just to be clear. Ive been around guns my whole life hunting etc..but just recently started carrying. Im a FIRM beleiver in the 2nd amendment, and plan to continue OCing from here on out. If anyone has any info on non friendly establishments out my way, please let me know. Im new to the board, plan to post more. Nice to meet everyone. Glock 23 owner here. ;)

CougarBait

Hey all

My name's Jeff. 22 years old and a reside in Overland Park, KS.

Gen 3 Glock 23 / S&W .38 Special / Gen 3 Glock 19

I support OC; although i don't OC Daily.

Cheers

My handle originated from frequenting bars in Leawood / OP. AKA Cougar central

Last edited:

swarr

Andover/Wichita

Shawn here out in Andover Ks. I open carry out here in the country area and into town. Haven't open carried into a store yet. People out here in Andover are pretty up tight and I can't get a straight answer from the police chief with regards of any ordinances regarding open carry in Andover.

CougarBait

Shawn here out in Andover Ks. I open carry out here in the country area and into town. Haven't open carried into a store yet. People out here in Andover are pretty up tight and I can't get a straight answer from the police chief with regards of any ordinances regarding open carry in Andover.

Good to see ya mate. First thing i would do is keep contacting your local PD and maybe the Sheriffs dept for any laws regarding open carry..research as well

swarr

Good to see ya mate. First thing i would do is keep contacting your local PD and maybe the Sheriffs dept for any laws regarding open carry..research as well

Thanks Cougar. I talked to the Sheriff and he has said he doesn't know of any ordinances in any of the cities in Butler county. I will continue to contact the PD here in Andover. I will be calling the AG to chat with them about open carry in wichita.

shepseth

new OCer in manhattan ks

im seth. i just got my first handgun for oc (i have a shotgun but i dont think people will take kindly to a shotgun vs a handgun) i oc in my car (i put it on my dash). any tips. i want to oc in csl plasma but dont know if the will kick me out (or defer me from donating). what do you guys think.

Bears Arms

Hello All! Ray & Amanda here (she doesn't have her own account just yet). We are from Arizona- amazing unfettered open carry for the most part, as well as ccw laws. We are exploring OC here, and hoping to make it a full time habit. We live in Shawnee, she works in Lenexa and I work all over the KC metro as well as a 100 mile radius. We are JUST beginning our research into where and how to carry. Looking forward to meeting some of you out and about as well as at planned events!