• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local police appplication

ray64

Hi Guys i am new here but a long time gun owner, well heres the question, does anyone have any idea how long a local police dept has to sit on an app before they transmit it to indy for licence. My local Chief has had mine sitting in his office over a week, i just found this out today when i inquired downstate and they said they had not recieved my app yet, they told me to check with local police and tell them to foward it on, but i don't want to come off too pushey. I called him and got voicemail so i left a message, would i be out of line stopping there after i get off work at 3pm and asking about it or asking to speak with him.

OC for ME

I guess it all depends on your expectation of the level of service from a civil servant. My expectation level is pretty low, so I'd wait another month or two before I called down state again to find out what to do, again. ;)

cce1302

Hi Guys i am new here but a long time gun owner, well heres the question, does anyone have any idea how long a local police dept has to sit on an app before they transmit it to indy for licence. My local Chief has had mine sitting in his office over a week, i just found this out today when i inquired downstate and they said they had not recieved my app yet, they told me to check with local police and tell them to foward it on, but i don't want to come off too pushey. I called him and got voicemail so i left a message, would i be out of line stopping there after i get off work at 3pm and asking about it or asking to speak with him.

A clerk should be handling most of it, not the chief. Call every day if you need to. They can't reject your application unless they have a legal reason to do so.