• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Long guns in vehicles

griffin

Mods, please forbear my LG question. I am not aware of a better place to ask it (at least one that I am a member of). Are loaded long guns permitted in vehicles in Arizona? I ask because I am thinking about traveling to some potentially dicey areas in October (two or three weeks). Thanks.

The Trickster

Mods, please forbear my LG question. I am not aware of a better place to ask it (at least one that I am a member of). Are loaded long guns permitted in vehicles in Arizona? I ask because I am thinking about traveling to some potentially dicey areas in October (two or three weeks). Thanks.

Yes, it is legal to possess a loaded long gun in a vehicle in Arizona. If you would like to peruse the direct source for more information, ARS 13-3102 is the state's statute concerning misconduct involving weapons.

Rusty Young Man

If you'll be in a dicey area, make sure you have your trusty OCed sidearm with you. Feel free to "Hybrid Carry" by having a CCed sidearm as well.:D No restrictions on magazine capacity either. :)

Just lookin out for ya (trying to have this thread have some relevance to OC).;)

ARS 13-3102 said:
13-3102. Misconduct involving weapons; defenses; classification; definitions

A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:

1. Carrying a deadly weapon except a pocket knife concealed on his person or within his immediate control in or on a means of transportation:

(a) In the furtherance of a serious offense as defined in section 13-706, a violent crime as defined in section 13-901.03 or any other felony offense; or

(b) When contacted by a law enforcement officer and failing to accurately answer the officer if the officer asks whether the person is carrying a concealed deadly weapon; or

2. Carrying a deadly weapon except a pocket knife concealed on his person or concealed within his immediate control in or on a means of transportation if the person is under twenty-one years of age; or

SNIP for brevity...

B. Subsection A, paragraph 2 of this section shall not apply to:

1. A person in his dwelling, on his business premises or on real property owned or leased by that person or that person's parent, grandparent or legal guardian.

2. A member of the sheriff's volunteer posse or reserve organization who has received and passed firearms training that is approved by the Arizona peace officer standards and training board and who is authorized by the sheriff to carry a concealed weapon pursuant to section 11-441.

3. A firearm that is carried in:

(a) A manner where any portion of the firearm or holster in which the firearm is carried is visible.

(b) A holster that is wholly or partially visible.

(c) A scabbard or case designed for carrying weapons that is wholly or partially visible.

(d) Luggage.

(e) A case, holster, scabbard, pack or luggage that is carried within a means of transportation or within a storage compartment, map pocket, trunk or glove compartment of a means of transportation.

Trust, but verify: http://azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/03102.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

The Trickster

FreeInAZ

Unless the OP is under 21 years of age, subsection B is irrelevant.

He's an old Fart like me, (older actually) :p
Being from Detroit (born & raised in my younger years). I think it will be hard to find areas in AZ much more "dicey" than you can find in SE Michigan.