• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a cc instructor for my aunt and uncle

SigGuy23

Activist Member
My mom called me the other day and told me my aunt after shooting a couple times with me, wants to get a concealed license. She and my uncle are excited about it and have been researching classes. I told my mom that I would get on here and help find them a good reputable instructor for a decent price. So if you guys could help that would be great. Send me a PM and I will pass your info onto my aunt and uncle. I am trying to get them to join this and utah cc forums as well. Thanks for your help. :D

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Required or not, my aunt and uncle still need the classes. They both need the training. My aunt has very, very little experience shooting and my uncle has only shot hunting rifles.

MKEgal

If your relatives are in Utah, they (or you) can look on the Utah BCI website:
http://www.publicsafety.utah.gov/
Over on the right, click on "concealed firearms" (toward the bottom of the list).
On that page, the bottom half says "concealed firearms instructors".
Click on "certified instructors",
then "certified instructors in Utah" on the next page.
You'll get a PDF of current instructors, by county, with contact info. The date on the list I pulled up just now is 23AUG12. Make sure your instructor is on that list, or the training won't count.
http://www.publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/insinstate082312.pdf

As a recommendation, here's an instructor listed in Salt Lake County who is a member here & his students speak highly of him:
James McCarthy 262-215-5746
www.yellowcatpersonaldefense.com
jim@yellowcatpersonaldefense.com
(bottom left of pg. 5 of that PDF)
His handle here is jpm84092
If you want testimonials, have a look at the WI forum & read through threads about the classes he's taught here.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I have talked with jpm8492 and passed his info to my aunt. Hopefully thy contact him. I will tell her about the lady shoot.