• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lots of Traveling

ArmySoldier22

Friday I leave for a couple months. I got a job with a construction contractor doing work all over the place out west. I'll only be gone for a couple of months since I start back into school soon, but I'm definitely not leaving my little friend behind. I'll be doing work in North Dakota, Texas, Arizona, Minnesota, and possibly Indiana. I've got so much to read up on as far as OCing in any of these places :uhoh:

David

Last edited:
M

mattwestm

If you have a NC CHP, I believe your permit should be good in all of the states you mentioned, except for MN. I know MN is really weird about recognizing other state's permits.

ArmySoldier22

If you have a NC CHP, I believe your permit should be good in all of the states you mentioned, except for MN. I know MN is really weird about recognizing other state's permits.

Nope, no CHP. I've only OC'd. But now I'm wishing I'd gotten my CHP sooner.

Smith45acp

Yeah that's the bad thing about OC; you pretty much have to be an expert in the law of the land, because if you're in violation you're damned sure going to be called on it.

ArmySoldier22

Yeah that's the bad thing about OC; you pretty much have to be an expert in the law of the land, because if you're in violation you're damned sure going to be called on it.

Yep, unfortunately. I've been planning on getting my CHP, just haven't gotten around to it. And now it's too late for this lol. So I've just been reading up on the forums for the states I'm going to be in, trying to get a feel for which ones allow OC, and to what extent.