• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisville

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

I'm looking to move to Louisville and I was wondering if anyone had any input on what parts of the city would be good to move to? I heard that the south and the east are the nice places in the city but that was from a friend who lived there almost 10 years ago. Also, does anyone have any idea what the property taxes are like there? I'm moving to Ky because the gun laws are awesome and the trucking company I work for has a terminal there that I can transfer to. Thanks in advance.

teknoid

imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
I'm looking to move to Louisville and I was wondering if anyone had any input on what parts of the city would be good to move to? I heard that the south and the east are the nice places in the city but that was from a friend who lived there almost 10 years ago. Also, does anyone have any idea what the property taxes are like there? I'm moving to Ky because the gun laws are awesome and the trucking company I work for has a terminal there that I can transfer to. Thanks in advance.

I moved back here from Illinois 3 years ago. I pay 1/3 the property tax I had in IL. South and East are fine, but Oldham (east) and Bullitt (south) counties are better than Jefferson (Louisville). If you plan to OC, especially. I grew up in Louisville, but have no particular desire to live there again. It's TONS better than Illinois, but even better away from the larger cities.