• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MA legislator would req. insurance on gun

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Seems a MA legislator has come up another way to infringe on it's citizens rights

http://www.malegislature.gov/Bills/187/House/H00665

Would require a list of every firearm owned and an insurance policy for accidents

Completely ridiculous. How about special insurance for people with kitchen knives or riding lawnmowers? People can have accidents with those things as well. What exactly does he think this will do?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Better yet, how about making legislators take out insurance against dumb, stupid ideas that end up costing folks either their money or their freedom?

stay safe.

tim12232

just got done sending Tim Toomey an email! below is the copy paste!

Mr. Timothy Toomey,

I just wanted to take a very brief moment out of your and my day, to show my disgust in reading what this bill sponsored by you would accomplish. This is a very outright attempt to hurt law abiding citizens in which would like to carry for self defense and personal protection, by forcing them to have an insurance policy for every gun they would like to carry is completely asinine! I would like to see a bill that forces criminals to carry insurance policies for when they rob, beat or murder someone. I would assume that when you took office in your current position you were sworn in? I would even go as far to say that you have sworn to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States? If my assumptions are correct sir, why is this bill a very blatant blow to the second amendment? Why do so many politicians insist on making more laws to govern the law abiding when knowing that it will do absolutely nothing to stop the non law abiding? Well at least in this country we have the ability to vote and protest and speak out against injustice, and what you have proposed is an atrocious injustice. This bill is being read by every pro gun lobby group, it is being spread around the internet, and people of this state and country are saying enough is enough, we put you in and by God we will take you out of office. Mr. Toomey, do not forget who you work for, or who pays you, we do and we are angry.

Respectfully,

Tim