• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Major GOP gun control package on deck

77zach

Bill passed and sent to the governor, which he will sign. If you have a "bump stock" or "binary trigger" you'll become a felon.

Just another day in the land of the coward, home of the slave.

hammer6

Bill passed and sent to the governor, which he will sign. If you have a "bump stock" or "binary trigger" you'll become a felon.

Just another day in the land of the coward, home of the slave.

where do they get the legal authority to pass such a ban?

2a4all

where do they get the legal authority to pass such a ban?
Oddly, from SCOTUS via the Heller v DC decision. In regard to the scope of the right, the Court wrote, in an obiter dictum, "Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment, nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

hammer6

Oddly, from SCOTUS via the Heller v DC decision. In regard to the scope of the right, the Court wrote, in an obiter dictum, "Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment, nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.

conditions and qualifications does not equal a ban. regardless, i'm more interested in State authority to do this. i don't see it in article 1 section 8 of the florida constitution. nor do i see it in article 1 section 9, or article 1 section 10

echofiveniner

And nothing they are passing will do anything to stop 'gun violence' feel good laws for people who know nothing about guns. This is political pandering that will do nothing. At least I sold my bump stock the day before this was signed I never used it and a hundred bucks worth of ammo was a better deal to me.