• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man robs Mercer Island Albertsons Pharmacy Monday night

HeesBonafide

Ofcourse they will call 911 -- IT'S MERCER ISLAND!!

Mercer Island doesn't even want airplanes flying over the island on approach to SEA-TAC -- why would they want to someone openly carry a gun in their stores (other than the obvious reasons)..

ok, sarcasm hat is off now.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Pharmacy robberies seem common.....

Police responded to the scene of a pharmacy robbery at the Top Food & Drug off Union Street in Tacoma Wednesday. The robbery was called in just after noon, Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum said.
The robber presented a note that implied he had a gun, but none was seen. He took prescription narcotics and fled, Fulghum said.

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crim...ery-at-top-food-drug-wednesday/#ixzz0t7fw0CS5

Bob Warden

Mercer Island doesn't even want airplanes flying over the island on approach to SEA-TAC -- why would they want to someone openly carry a gun in their stores (other than the obvious reasons)..

ok, sarcasm hat is off now.
I'd be surprised if the Mercer Island robber didn't also grab some Chardonnay and brie on his way out!

OrangeIsTrouble

Police responded to the scene of a pharmacy robbery at the Top Food & Drug off Union Street in Tacoma Wednesday. The robbery was called in just after noon, Tacoma police spokesman Mark Fulghum said.
The robber presented a note that implied he had a gun, but none was seen. He took prescription narcotics and fled, Fulghum said.

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crim...ery-at-top-food-drug-wednesday/#ixzz0t7fw0CS5

Duh! Those giant pill bottles that hold thousands and thousands of oxy are worth $5-10 a pill on the street. While you could get a prescription for 40 of them that would only cost less than 10$.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Notice the 'robber' only presented a note implying he had a gun. No need for any of us to open carry. Just get a note from your mommy implying you have a gun and presto bad guys will leave you alone and the Brady Bunch will be happy!!:banana:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Just get a note from your mommy implying you have a gun and presto bad guys will leave you alone and the Brady Bunch will be happy!!

Great idea! But, the usual questions:

What caliber of note is best? Brief and underpowered, relying on accuracy? Or, something heavy-hitting like a legal-length memorandum complete with theory as to why you are carrying the note?

How many copies of the note should you carry? Just seven? Or, should you have a high-capacity steno pad with 17-20 copies hand-written by mom?

Which is best for carrying the note: IWB, OWB, ankle-carry?

Would you need a separate note from the sheriff or state police indicating you were authorized to carry your note concealed? Or, would you have to openly carry your note at all times?

If you showed your note before the robber did, would you be guilty of brandishing? If you flourished your note, would it warrant concern for the safety of others? Paper cuts are dreadfully painful, y'know.

Would you have to notify a police officer you were carrying your note?

Wouldn't it be prudent to carry a back-up note--a BUN?

What if it rains on my note? How long before damage to the ink sets in? What kind of notepaper is best? One some notepaper, the blue lines will smudge real quick if they get wet.

Should I carry cuffs with my note?

Oh! Can I have a badge to hook on my belt that says, "Concealed Carry Note Holder"?

:D

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Great idea! But, the usual questions:

Would you need a separate note from the sheriff or state police indicating you were authorized to carry your note concealed? Or, would you have to openly carry your note at all times?
:D

If you don't have a CNP (concealed note permit) do you have to erase it before you get into your car?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
You're an idiot! Magic markers impress no one and make us all look like tough-guy wanna-be's out of some movie! Is that the image you want to present!

Shut your face, butthead! I don't need you telling me how and what to carry. What an immature internet commando! I carry to intimidate the bad guys; I don't care what the pansy, limp-wrists think, or how scared they get! And you shouldn't, either! Get a spine, dolt!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Shut your face, butthead! I don't need you telling me how and what to carry. What an immature internet commando! I carry to intimidate the bad guys; I don't care what the pansy, limp-wrists think, or how scared they get! And you shouldn't, either! Get a spine, dolt!

Oh, that was a mature post, full of genuine reflection and persuasive argument. If I didn't know your post history, I'd almost say you were a troll. Why not think of the image magic markers would present to the world, rather than your selfish interests. Nobody here believes you just want to make an impression on the bad guys. Your post shouts, "Look at me!"

It is already well-documented that PaperMate and even a #2 pencil work fine. As everybody in the gun world knows, 86% of encounters between citizens and bad guys end without the note even having to be pulled. The vast majority of the time, the citizen only has to rustle the note in his pocket, or just make verbal reference to it.

( :) That was fun; but I almost lost track of which side I was on!)

Last edited:

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Please, Lord, let there not be a pencil vs. pen flame war.

Gotta be a pen (or magic marker). With a pencil, it's just too easy for someone with an eraser to come along and rub you out.:lol:

I'm not even gonna comment on Citizen arguing with himself (but then again, I've been known to call myself from a payphone).

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Magic Marker?

Magic markers over penetrate the paper and cause serious risk to your garments.

A pencil will not give you enough protection.

A pen, especially a really expensive pen will fire, reload and work everytime with 100% reliability. Waterford pens are known for there 'To hell and back reliability!'

Magic marker!!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
magic markers over penetrate the paper and cause serious risk to your garments.

A pen, especially a really expensive pen will fire, reload and work everytime with 100% reliability. Waterford pens are known for there 'to hell and back reliability!'

:) :) :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I'm not even gonna comment on Citizen arguing with himself (but then again, I've been known to call myself from a payphone).

Best argument I've had all week. Besides nobody else on this forum is good enough to argue successfully against me. Between that and my native humility, you all should be glad for the opportunity to watch a master at work. :D

Last edited:

amzbrady

Magic markers over penetrate the paper and cause serious risk to your garments.

A pen, especially a really expensive pen will fire, reload and work everytime with 100% reliability. Waterford pens are known for there 'To hell and back reliability!'

I think it makes a difference what you write on also. Plain white notebook paper just says I'm in a hurry and this is not very well thought out, but Yellow ruled on legal paper says I mean business, and already have a lawyer on retainer. Course you really have to watch out for the notes written on MceeDee reciepts, That is a phsyco who just lost it while driving around in his Geo, wondering how he gonna afford that next fix, now those are the ones to watch out for, they'll even stab you in the neck with a crayon.