• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Manchester N.H. High School Lockdown

aadvark

To ALL Granite State Residents:

A Man was taken into Custody Today for Possessing a Pellet Gun and a Small Pocket Knife in The Local High School.

Unless Mistaken, I Thought that it was PERFECTLY LEGAL to have a Pellet Gun and a Small Knife in a School in New Hampshire.

I can not find a Single New Hampshire Law that SPECIFICALLY Prohibits The Possession of any of These Items in a School-Safe Zone,
as that Term is Defined under Section 193-D:1 of New Hampshire Law.

However, that Law DOES PROHIBIT Acts of Violence, which Include Violations of RSA Chapter 159, within such Zones.

Funny thing is..., though..., that RSA 159 of New Hampshire Law does NOT Prohibit Pellet Guns at all, and Small Pocket Knives are Legal
in New Hampshire and are Subject to State-wide Preemption under RSA 159:26(I) and (II).

Although The Media will NEVER ADMIT to any of This..., I have a Suspicion that The Police are FULLY AWARE of This, because; The only
Criminal Charge that The Man Faces is a Simple Violation for Criminal Trespassing under RSA 635:2(IV).

However..., it would be Nice if The MEDIA would Report on Things Accurately for a Change, and not based on Wild Emotion.

Last edited:

aadvark

The Truth:

I do not Think so, but Knives are Preempted to The State.

However, I Think that Municipalities at one Time were Previously Regulating Knives.

aadvark

Last edited: