• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

March on Washington 07-04-2013

Fuller Malarkey

https://m.facebook.com/events/25272...if_t=plan_user_invited&__user=100003075314056

"On the morning of July 4, 2013, Independence Day, we will muster at the National Cemetery & at noon we will step off to march across the Memorial Bridge, down Independence Avenue, around the Capitol, the Supreme Court, & the White House, then peacefully return to Virginia across the Memorial Bridge. This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.

You are welcome to attend unarmed as a supporter, or armed with a recording device.

If this page gets to 10,000 attendees by June 1st, & we have the critical mass necessary to pull this off, (1,000 actual attendees) we will march. Please spread the word, share this event, & invite all your friends."

I have apprehensions about all this. I can see the group getting tagged "domestic terrorists" and swift, aggreessive measures taken to protect the 'merican way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freedom1Man

https://m.facebook.com/events/25272...if_t=plan_user_invited&__user=100003075314056

I have apprehensions about all this. I can see the group getting tagged "domestic terrorists" and swift, aggreessive measures taken to protect the 'merican way.

So, it this happens and violent response from the government comes forth, that would be an open act of war against the citizens.
I believe it would spark a much bigger flame if they march at all. It would cause a brush fire if the if government attacks at all.
I also believe that it would spark copy cat events if they pull it off.

Gil223

I have apprehensions about all this. I can see the group getting tagged "domestic terrorists" and swift, aggressive measures taken to protect the 'merican way.
I can't blame you for being apprehensive about this plan. My personal belief is that the current administration is doing all that it can (without being completely obvious), to test the limits of what the American people will put up with. Obama seems to be looking for an excuse to implement martial law, and then begin his plan of confiscation of tools of resistance. His "litmus test" for military command positions has been simplified to, "Would you order your troops to fire upon American civilians?" Anything other than an answer in the affirmative results in the officer being passed over for command. An activity of the sort proposed on this Facebook site may be all the provocation Obama needs to "cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war." Just my 2¢ worth. :uhoh:pax...

Last edited:

Numenor

Honestly I don't know what I think about this. Forcing the issue like this (with what will probably be only a hundred or two participants) means that it can be brushed off nationally as done by crack-pots. Now, if there were tens of thousands of armed citizens marching into DC... well, that'd be a bit of a different story.

DJEEPER

Im all for long gun open carry... but this is suicide.
This has no tact.
Avoid at all costs.
Just saying.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

I have read about this plan in two threads now.
I think it is, indeed a bad idea, But
it is the start of a good idea.

If he gets 10 guys to march into DC, one cop will arrest them.
If he gets 100 guys to march, then two cops will arrest them.
If he get a 1000 guys to march, then 20 cops will arrest them.
But if he gets 10,000 guys to carry loaded rifles and march into DC,
All HeII will rain down on them!
Dogs, firehoses, rubber bullets, night sticks, swat squads, and that is IF they dont resist!!!
IF they resist,,, here will be bood running in the streets.
Just my humble opinion...

I would suggest a change of plan...
Get the 10,000 men carrying loaded rifles,
Assemble them at all the main enterances to the holy enclave of DC...
that is all.

sharkey

I have read about this plan in two threads now.
I think it is, indeed a bad idea, But
it is the start of a good idea.

If he gets 10 guys to march into DC, one cop will arrest them.
If he gets 100 guys to march, then two cops will arrest them.
If he get a 1000 guys to march, then 20 cops will arrest them.
But if he gets 10,000 guys to carry loaded rifles and march into DC,
All HeII will rain down on them!
Dogs, firehoses, rubber bullets, night sticks, swat squads, and that is IF they dont resist!!!
IF they resist,,, here will be bood running in the streets.
Just my humble opinion...

I would suggest a change of plan...
Get the 10,000 men carrying loaded rifles,
Assemble them at all the main enterances to the holy enclave of DC...
that is all.

Will you be one of the 10k?

I will not, I'm not ready to die.

OMG, these people put their names on a list. I wonder how many search warrants will be executed shortly.

Selection_003.png

ETA, P.S. Whatever. I'm excited for this, just not ready to lead the way.

I see that they are notifying the capitol police ahead of time and expect a line to be drawn.

Last edited:

Jamesm760

Not a conspiracy theorist but, how do we know the government didn't begin the planning of this so called march by one of their own and all that will happen is a shot fired from the marching crowd onto the police officers and then we will, for sure, get that gun control they have been wanting so bad.

Even if the government wasn't behind the planning, how easy would it be to "join" the march and fire a round then...

BUT!, I am not a conspiracy theorist :rolleyes:... just saying, it could happen and they will use it against 2A to move forward with that agenda...

IMO, the negative outcome, over weighs any benifit this will bring (if any).

Last edited:

HearseGuy

Is the link dead now? Could just be my phone but when I click it says not found something or other...

Gray Rider

Kwikrnu redux analogy

If someone was held down and force-fed apple pie, how well would it digest?

VApatriot

Using Arlington National Cemetery as a staging ground does not seem like a solid plan either. As per this thread http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?75894-Forests-Parks-Wildlife-Refuges-and-Cemeteries it is unclear whether or not carry of any kind is legal in national cemeteries run by the Department of the Army, which includes Arlington. Proximity to an active military base leads me to assume that carry in ANC would not be okay. Therefore, potential march participants would likely just be arrested one-by-one as they arrived.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I had a long exposition on the notion of this march all ready to be written. All I needed to finish it was to check the spelling of Mike Vanderboerg's name (which I still probably have misspelled) in order to reference his attempt at a gathering along the Virginia shore of the Potomac a few years ago. I decided to skip that when I saw his take on this event at http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/05/more-on-adam-kokesh-and-his-armed-march.html

Now the Dutchman, as he likes to be called, is about as rabid an individual as you ever want to meet when the subject is politics, rights, and especially the Second Amendment. When he calls the proposer of this event a nut-case you can be fairly well assured that he is talking major Looney Tunes material.

'Nuff said.

stay safe.

KBCraig

Honestly I don't know what I think about this. Forcing the issue like this (with what will probably be only a hundred or two participants) means that it can be brushed off nationally as done by crack-pots. Now, if there were tens of thousands of armed citizens marching into DC... well, that'd be a bit of a different story.

The event is only a "go" with 10,000 commitments. The last time I checked, there were less than a thousand.

Adam Kokesh has put his ass on the line multiple times, but he's not an idiot. He knows this only works with massive numbers, and is foolish with anything less.

richarcm

The event is only a "go" with 10,000 commitments. The last time I checked, there were less than a thousand.

Adam Kokesh has put his ass on the line multiple times, but he's not an idiot. He knows this only works with massive numbers, and is foolish with anything less.

+1

richarcm

I'm also skeptical of this event but am very interested.

My question remains for those who think this is certainly a bad idea without question:

Is this only a bad idea because it is "illegal" and thus an infringement upon your rights? Or is this a bad idea because it introduces the opportunity to be violently resisted?

Because I hear the terms "liberty or death" and "from my cold dead hands" and other forms of bravado carelessly thrown around often. Is it that you are unwilling to break the "law" and/or face some sort of violent punishment? Or that you just prefer not to right now?

I understand and prefer the incremental approach. But I also understand that we often legitimize all of these "laws" (infringement on our RIGHTS) by endlessly obeying them.

ElectricTurtle

I don't think this is so much intrinsically a bad idea as it is bad timing/context. If the last round in Congress had gone 100% to the gun grabbers and bans were to be put in place, I would actually be up for this. It would be time, in that context, to do something more than write a 'sternly-worded letter', but that's not where we are right now. We "won" in Congress, and this is not how to move the ball forward. Indeed, this sort of action now might break the political coalition that prevented the bad legislation in the first place, snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. We should be using the vaguely pro-rights political block that exists right now to start moving legislation, not making grandstanding overtures that don't even have anything but an abstract point.

This is not the right time or the right way to do things. If there were a credible threat, real laws about to be enforced that would criminalize a portion of gun owners or something to that effect, I would stand and be counted in an effort like this. But there is no exigent need for this, and anybody who puts their neck out for this isn't just risking themselves, they're risking all the current efforts toward meaningful change that have been in progress. And there are real efforts, Constitutional carry is spreading, and that in many ways is truly meaningful restoration of the Constitution as intended.

I do wonder as some already have if Kokesh isn't being played by somebody in the administration. This just has a feel so foolish as to be false flag. And there is no deeper purpose than to put on a show, no distinct or specific goal, no legislation on the table, just 'look at us! Booga booga!' Not being involved isn't cowardice, it's prudence and wisdom.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Loaded long guns........civil disobedience..........people being funneled across a bridge................police in armor waiting on the other side.........a shot rings out...............

One person, that is all it will take. One person to discharge a weapon, LEO or Citizen, it will not matter.

mpguy

Re: Radio Host to Lead Armed March on DC

Using Arlington National Cemetery as a staging ground does not seem like a solid plan either. As per this thread http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?75894-Forests-Parks-Wildlife-Refuges-and-Cemeteries it is unclear whether or not carry of any kind is legal in national cemeteries run by the Department of the Army, which includes Arlington. Proximity to an active military base leads me to assume that carry in ANC would not be okay. Therefore, potential march participants would likely just be arrested one-by-one as they arrived.

I can ask my supervisor if it's considered VA/or strictly Army only. If the VA has anything to do with it, my safe educated answer is No, you can't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2