• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May 2014 OC Get-Together will be in Golden, CO...

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
For May 2014, we will be meeting in Golden, CO, mainly to make it easier for our 2 CCer friends in Golden to make it (so we hope they do)!

But of course, it will also be easier for OCers in the Lakewood and Littleton areas (i.e., points West of Denver) to attend...even if we're not meeting at the Denny's on Union in Lakewood or the VI/IHOP @ Ken Cary & Loop 470 in Littleton as previously anticipated: The Denny's in Golden is still not too far from those 2 locations.

So this is just a way-in-advance heads-up to everyone (since we just got into April) where our May event will be.

Presently as planned then, we will be meeting at the nearest "chain" coffee-shop/restaurant (IHOP, Village Inn, Denny's) to Golden, which seems to be:

Denny's
3291 Youngfield Service Rd.
Golden, CO 80401
(303) 279-6659

-- Sunday
-- May 18
-- 2:30pm

...any changes to this (date/time/place) will be made later into April, but for now, this looks like the "final version."

And as always, although our events mainly are for OCers & about OCing (of course), CCers and those even considering carrying (either OC or CC) are welcomed to attend. Remember, most of us OCers ALSO have a CC permit, it's just that we usually OC. So we try to avoid the "us vs. them" sometimes adversarial relationship between some OC & CC people and instead, try to promote better relations and understanding between the 2 groups. And further, educate/welcome NEW people who have never carried a firearm EITHER way before (OC/CC) and are looking into doing so.

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
-- bump --

...as this is coming up shortly (the first of 2 events scheduled for May 2014).

EDITED (5-14-14):
"Sneak Peek" for June 2014 OC Get-Together events -- 2 of them:

-- Castle Rock
-- Aurora

...dates and such TBA soon (but the events will likely be towards the end of the month since I may have to make a short trip to El Paso, TX, the 2nd week of June)...

Last edited: