• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McAuliffe pushes background checks - says there are booths at gunshows

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
that state no background check needed.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...d-body-guard-to-dc-for-antigun-rally-n2050557

Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe spoke at the event and brought his armed body guard with him.
A few things. First off, McAuliffe's claim that people "can be armed"[SUP]1[/SUP] while we were standing on the Capitol grounds in Washington D.C. is false. It is nearly impossible for law abiding civilians to be legally armed in Washington D.C. and it is illegal for them to be armed at the Capitol (even if they go "through a background check" as McAuliffe advises). Second, during his speech at the event McAuliffe claimed that booths at gun shows openly advertise with signs that say "no background check." When I asked which gun show he was referring to, he couldn't give a specific answer. And finally, McAuliffe implied during his speech that background checks are non-existent in Virginia, when in fact firearms purchases not only require two forms of identification, but lengthy ATF paperwork and a background check with the FBI[SUP]2[/SUP].

[SUP]1[/SUP] - So is McAuliffe saying that the Second Amendment actually means what it says?

[SUP]2[/SUP] - Seems McAuliffe might have gotten part of this one right without even knowing it. We Virginians have to go through a background check run by the State Police, not by the FBI. But yes, we not only complete the lengthy ATF paperwork, we have to complete the almost-as-lengthy State Police paperwork too.

This BS spouted by McAuliffe should not be countered with facts. We have done that for decades and it still gets us nowhere. We need to call him out for telling lies - see how he likes having to deal with SJW tactics that are applied to him.

stay safe.

OC for ME

Liberals are not deterred by facts, nor being called a liar...cuz liberals know the truth about they being liars. Swaying liberals, even liberals with a gun = :banghead:.

YMMV

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Liberals are not deterred by facts, nor being called a liar...cuz liberals know the truth about they being liars. Swaying liberals, even liberals with a gun = :banghead:.

YMMV

The point of calling them on their lies is not really to get them to change their ways, although it may tie them up in "defending" their statements.

Doing so is directed at the "undecided"s - those that are not sure which side of the fence they are on. Pulling back the curtain sometimes makes it impossible to continue ignoring the person standing there pulling all the different levers. See for example http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2015/09/16/miserable-lies-for-gun-control/

Nobody who is undecided is likely to read that blog, but there are those that refer to it and post links to articles like that in places where the undecided do hang out.

stay safe.

OC for ME

The point of calling them on their lies is not really to get them to change their ways, although it may tie them up in "defending" their statements.

Doing so is directed at the "undecided"s - those that are not sure which side of the fence they are on. Pulling back the curtain sometimes makes it impossible to continue ignoring the person standing there pulling all the different levers. See for example http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2015/09/16/miserable-lies-for-gun-control/

Nobody who is undecided is likely to read that blog, but there are those that refer to it and post links to articles like that in places where the undecided do hang out.

stay safe.
What makes you think the undecided are interested if challenging the liberals and their lies.

I focuis on what argument to use that gets a undecided citizen to become invested in deciding...and hopefully deciding to restore liberty. I won't give liberals the time of day...respectfully of course.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What makes you think the undecided are interested if challenging the liberals and their lies.

I focuis on what argument to use that gets a undecided citizen to become invested in deciding...and hopefully deciding to restore liberty. I won't give liberals the time of day...respectfully of course.

:shakes head sadly:

stay safe.