• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

medows mall

in4low

So i was told by those mall rent a cops that firearms were not allowed their and that i had to leave it in my vehicle!! What do yall think because i did not see any signs prohibiting firearms.
Has that place always been that way?

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I have OC'ed there many times without an issue, I have heard of others being asked to leave but i have not been asked to leave. if I was asked to leave I would simply leave, there is no requirement for them to post a sign. It is a spooky practice if they do have a policy, remember Costco? It might maybe just been a "rogue" security Dude!

MP_4_Life

I've been asked to leave Meadows Mall also. I never looked to see if they actually had a policy or anything, but it is a good question. Someone should contact them and ask for an official statement on this issue.

We-the-People

I've been asked to leave Meadows Mall also. I never looked to see if they actually had a policy or anything, but it is a good question. Someone should contact them and ask for an official statement on this issue.

Tis easier to get forgiveness than permission grasshopper.....

Unless it's occuring regularly I would recommend not asking and simply looking around for a posted sign or other evidence that they intend that you can't OC there. Once you ask, then there's a good chance that they will quickly adopt a policy against OC.....for the children you know.

MP_4_Life

Tis easier to get forgiveness than permission grasshopper.....

Unless it's occuring regularly I would recommend not asking and simply looking around for a posted sign or other evidence that they intend that you can't OC there. Once you ask, then there's a good chance that they will quickly adopt a policy against OC.....for the children you know.

Oh i hear you loud and clear. I was asked once to leave and did, honestly idc if it's poor training for their security enforcing false policies or even just making them up cause they don't like me, all I know is... 1) I rarely shop in that part of town anymore, let alone malls. 2) Their too good for my money, I'll take it elsewhere, last I checks a lot of places were struggling, guess not the meadows.

That's the only 2 reasons I never looked or cared to ask. By no means will I ever call ahead to find out, like you said, I ask, new policy shows up.

renoglock22

Here in Reno, at Meadowood Mall, Right inside the first set of doors there is a poster on the wall with a list of "Rules and Regulations" that you have to be right on top of to read. Buried in the middle of all this text says that firearms are prohibited. I never go there but the few times I did carry I didn't know the law and left my gun in my car (their policy is why I don't go there now, that and the fact I hate the teenagers that hang out there). Not sure if your mall has that too but for a while I just thought the rules poster was an advert. until I actually read it.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Write a letter to the store(s) you were planning on shopping in. Make sure they understand why you couldn't spend your money there. The mall will listen to their high-paying tenants if enough of them complain that they are losing customers.

ljpierce_NV

Here in Reno, at Meadowood Mall, Right inside the first set of doors there is a poster on the wall with a list of "Rules and Regulations" that you have to be right on top of to read. Buried in the middle of all this text says that firearms are prohibited. I never go there but the few times I did carry I didn't know the law and left my gun in my car (their policy is why I don't go there now, that and the fact I hate the teenagers that hang out there). Not sure if your mall has that too but for a while I just thought the rules poster was an advert. until I actually read it.

I didn't know, until now, that Meadowood Mall had that in their rules. And that was on my list of places to try OC'ing in the very near future. Guess I'll cross it off that list and put it on my DO NOT SHOP list. Lets see: Scheels and Legends in Sparks, any Best Buy (I'll move that to my will see, maybe, possibly if I'm in a mood to try list).

john-in-reno

I didn't know, until now, that Meadowood Mall had that in their rules. And that was on my list of places to try OC'ing in the very near future. Guess I'll cross it off that list and put it on my DO NOT SHOP list. Lets see: Scheels and Legends in Sparks, any Best Buy (I'll move that to my will see, maybe, possibly if I'm in a mood to try list).

Scheels may or may not bug you about it because Legends itself has a "no weapons" policy, Never had a problem in any of the Best Buys, Meadowood mall security will tell you to leave if they see the gun, they are owned and managed by Simon Property Group and from what i understand they are very anti-gun

ItaliaSeDesta

I open carried a handgun at Meadows Mall for early voting, no less. Other than a few comments by poll workers (more amusement than disparaging), I had no issues. There is a "no guns" sign at the entrance, but they do not have the force of law unless a mall employee / security guard asks you to leave, which you must do or risk a trespassing charge.

solus

I open carried a handgun at Meadows Mall for early voting, no less. Other than a few comments by poll workers (more amusement than disparaging), I had no issues. There is a "no guns" sign at the entrance, but they do not have the force of law unless a mall employee / security guard asks you to leave, which you must do or risk a trespassing charge.

Welcome to the OC forum and glad to hear about your positive sojourn while exercising your voting responsibility today.

A point which has been debated on this forum in numerous threads, while gun buster sign(s) do not carry weight of law in your locale, most respect the rights of private property owners as we ask them to respect the firearm carrier’s rights.

Again welcome and keep us apprised of the NV’s fun and activities.