• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MI - OC Advocate arrested and jailed by DETROIT police.

Raggs

Although I obviously think you should be able to OC without a CPL and not get arrested, it's always smart to have a CPL just in case a cop decides to say your jacket "folded over your firearm" and concealed it.

Although, still not sure how he was checked for a CPL anyway, considering whether my gun is OC, CC, printing, half out, etc..you have absolutely no reason to try and see my ID, and if you try to forcefully take it you're going to have a bad day and one hell of a lawsuit.

Hopefully this guy gets off, the fact they're going through the charges is crazy, especially since I've OC'd in Detroit at work for years and haven't had any trouble.

But then again...I'm White. Gotta love America...Jesus.

According to one article I read the officers "smelled marijuana" and that was the RAS. Also supposedly found a joint on the ground near the group. Not saying it is true, just what has been reported.

Michigander

According to one article I read the officers "smelled marijuana" and that was the RAS. Also supposedly found a joint on the ground near the group. Not saying it is true, just what has been reported.

Try walking around many parts of the D for any length of time without running into clouds of weed smoke. It isn't really doable. We aren't exactly as inundated with it here as ban francisco and such where you'll be choking on the crap just trying to go outside, but it's all over the place and bumping into it or even stopping to talk to someone/multiple people smoking it does not make you guilty of felony ccw. Such a situation may indeed be grounds for a stop, but that would be immaterial to whether or not a gun is concealed.

Raggs

Try walking around many parts of the D for any length of time without running into clouds of weed smoke. It isn't really doable. We aren't exactly as inundated with it here as ban francisco and such where you'll be choking on the crap just trying to go outside, but it's all over the place and bumping into it or even stopping to talk to someone/multiple people smoking it does not make you guilty of felony ccw. Such a situation may indeed be grounds for a stop, but that would be immaterial to whether or not a gun is concealed.

Once again, I am not saying he is or is not guilty, I haven't seen the video and the video by accounts is not that clear. I am waiting to hear more evidence before I say the present chief is the same as the past. We will see. It could be totally he is guilty of being armed and black, I am not ready to jump on either side yet.

MikeTheGreek

Yeah, as someone who works in Detroit I can tell you that there is often half smoked joints on the ground, especially downtown. Plus if you walk around the streets, you'll smell weed very often.

If the cops even did smell weed, I guarantee they knew it wasn't coming from this guy.

But eh, to protect and serve right?

FreeInAZ

Yeah, as someone who works in Detroit I can tell you that there is often half smoked joints on the ground, especially downtown. Plus if you walk around the streets, you'll smell weed very often.

If the cops even did smell weed, I guarantee they knew it wasn't coming from this guy.

But eh, to protect and serve right?

Word my brother! Way back when - when I had to work in the "D", and wayyyyyyy before medical pot was legal there, one often could smell it as they went about their business. That is kind of like saying: your honor I saw a black guy driving so he had to be: a car thief, a drunk, a felon, a hit & run driver, a ....." You get the point.

Last edited: