• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MI: wife kills husband during domestic dispute

lil_freak_66

SHIAWASSEE CO. The woman suspected of shooting to death her husband in Shiawassee County Thursday night has now been released from jail. A press statement from the Shiawassee County Sheriff's Office says County Prosecuting Attorney Randy Colbry consulted with investigators and decided that the woman would be released while the investigation is completed.

The Sheriff's Office has now released the name of the man who was killed. He is 42-year-old Dean J. Watkins.

At about 9:15P.M. Thursday deputies were called to a domestic dispute at a home in the 10000 block of Laingsburg Road in Woodhull Township, just south of Laingsburg. When deputies arrived they found Dean Watkins had been fatally shot. Watkins' 42-year old wife was taken into custody at the time. But again, she will be released.

Not giving many details, but given that it was a domestic dispute and that she was being released after an overnighter(rural county,needs more time to check things out than a city) it appears to me like self defense.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not giving many details, but given that it was a domestic dispute and that she was being released after an overnighter(rural county,needs more time to check things out than a city) it appears to me like self defense.

That's just way too much speculation for me to swallow. I'd sooner believe that she (or her attorney) convinced the Magistrate that there was little danger that she would kill her husband again if she were released from jail.

And I'm not even going to ask how you figure that city cops can check things faster than rural cops.:uhoh:

stay safe.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
That's just way too much speculation for me to swallow. I'd sooner believe that she (or her attorney) convinced the Magistrate that there was little danger that she would kill her husband again if she were released from jail.
Now that I'm finished laughing ... I'm going to agree with you. :D

HKcarrier

Maybe he's a zombie... ;)

OC for ME

And I'm not even going to ask how you figure that city cops can check things faster than rural cops.:uhoh:

stay safe.
I figured, that you would have figured, that having paved roads and indoor plumbing means you are faster at getting things done in the big city. It does take time to get things done when all ya have are dirt roads and other such 'rural' obstacles.

lil_freak_66

well my thought is, shiawassee county has very little when it comes to law enforcement, especially at night, not to mention half the roads in the county are still unpaved and not plowed

mckaloz1

Arrest Made

I heard that just today, after the new Shiawassee County Prosecutor reopened the investigation in January, that the Wife was arrested today and most likely will be charged with homicide. We'll have to wait and see what a jury decides.

compmanio365

I heard that just today, after the new Shiawassee County Prosecutor reopened the investigation in January, that the Wife was arrested today and most likely will be charged with homicide. We'll have to wait and see what a jury decides.

Interesting development. Good info, thanks. Guess not all claims of "domestic violence" are to be taken at face value, hmm?

I honestly wonder how many such claims are simple coverups of murders? Especially since the natural instinct for police, made up of mostly male officers, is to protect women and thereby not pry too deeply into the case of the poor woman defending herself against the "evil" husband, lest he further traumatize the poor flower......

Firearms Iinstuctor

After being dispatch to a thousand or more domestic violence calls. It always amazed me that the party being abused would hang around in the relationship for things to get this bad.

Most couples who have this problem have a long history of abuse.

What made this one different from the other times. Why did she feel more threaten this time.

So many questions.

JosBker

Domestic violence or abuse has substantial effect over the whole family. If your relationship is not working out than it is to get out of that relationship. Otherwise it can lead to severe consequences like this.
isdn

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
If it were legal to kill your spouse .. I betcha domestic violence goes way way down :exclaim:

Either way, its still cheaper than a divorce !