• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mind Helping Me Out? Portland Oregon U.S Knife/Sword/Blacksmith laws.

NeroBlack

Okay, so I know all of the laws about what is legal to carry openly and to conceal for knives, Pretty much any blade is legal for open carry (as long as its not in a public building)
Does this also apply to swords? In some of the knife laws It specifies "Blade" so Ill guess the same applies for now. Im 15, can I open carry knives legal to open carry for Non-Minors? Im building a forge, nearly done, I cant find any laws on this, and Is it legal for me to make these swords and knives on my own ground and carry them as legal? Im not planning to do some idiotic "Im an urban ninja and I carry machetes Knives and swords on me all the time" but for basic transport if I want to give a gift or if someone wants to buy something from me. Im happy that Oregon is one of the most lenient states on knife laws but the specifics without contacting an actual lawyer is pretty bad, plus I also know not to contact city hall about it. Any laws on my forge also? its going to be pretty enclosed in a garbage can (metal) and on the inside its going to have fireproof mortar and sand in it, plus a hose near at all times, fire extinguisher also. then there is going to be a quench by it. this is in my backyard but its a decent size and Im going to have it contained well. Ill have one thats Coal and one thats Gas. Thanks! :) any help you give would be great. anything I dont get from this Ill go to a library or something since laws arent posted online much :mad:

NeroBlack

just for background, im not someone that knows nothing about this stuff and safety, Ive owned many knives and have experience with them, guns, and some larger blades.
I also go to the Poly and have all of my shop classes so experience from that, ive played with knife making before also, and now I just want to get more into it and make some swords also.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Pretty much off topic for OCDO.

Anyone that can help this young man, please do so by PM. Thanks.

NeroBlack

Pretty much off topic for OCDO.

Anyone that can help this young man, please do so by PM. Thanks.

Haha, sorry its all over the place, Ill probably try to talk so some of the guys in the Blade Forums to get a bit better information on some of these things.