• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ministers

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It is as appropriate for them as anyone else. I know several personally who carry, but they will only OC in the country, not in town, making a personal sacrifice to avoid stumbling those with weaker consciences.

Merlin

I think this is more a question of hypocrisy. If he's the type that preaches pacifism....

Otherwise, hell naw, that's awesome.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
OC is just carrying a tool. Even if he was a pacifist (though Jesus was not, assuming we talking about a Christian minister), a minister has as much right to defend himself against a literal dog on the street as anybody else.

Indeed, I raise the argument that a person is MORE likely to defend himself against a dog than a human in many places.

mbogo470

If he was a Christian minister, I'd think he was a minister who acknowledged the presence of evil and/or people with evil in their hearts and mayhem on their minds.

mbogo

FallonJeeper

It's funny how times change. There was a time, in this country, when taking your gun to church was required by law. Now we wonder if minsiters/reverends should OC?

I don't believe there is anything in the bible that teaches pacifism or being a victim.

Ask Rollbar. ;o)

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

He said "Turning the other cheek" is not about legitimate self-defense, but about accepting persecution precisely because of the fact that you are confessing your Faith. Some Christian pacifists do not, and refuse to, understand this point."

Very good points!

The Big Guy

If you would see an ordained minister open carrying, what would be you opinion on it? Is it appropriate?
Personally, I think it's OK. I just want other opinions.

I would like to see Ministers, Priests and Rabbis preaching from the pulpit that the congregation should arm itself and take responsibility for defending themselves, their families, their churches and communities...

TBG

Rollbar

I am a Minister in Fallon (as Fallon Jeeper pointed out) and carry a Colt .45 1911. On Thursday I am picking up my Glock 19 to carry as well.

I might even carry both at one time :shocker: :lol: :eek:

I lived in Miami when the riots broke out and carried then for protection.

I Hunt, Fish, Jeep, Camp and Shoot, my kids do as well (23, 25, 26) and we have fun at it and would like to shoot w/you all sometime, time permitting.

My son OC's and we are going in May to get our CCW of which I will carry full time (well 98%)/more than I do now in certain cases (i.e. Stumbling block to others).

Question is: Do I really want to shoot someone, no, no one does, but I have been in situations whereas I feared for my life more than one time. We must be prepared in all aspects, wether biblical, or physical, for protection of our Soul, or Families etc.

God said thou shalt not Kill, = murder. We must be 100% sure when we draw because the point of no return is at hand most of the time.

(Flame on :) ) I am not an advocate of one in the chamber (that's just me, and if you want to, that is up to you, I won't preach to you on it. Ask Fallon Jeeper, he told me and I didn't mind) unless I am in a really bad place (yes they all can be bad), but I want that extra thought of.........Do I really want to kill someone in a conflict. Racking a round might get me shot once, but I does give me that chance to think one more second.
Plus, if I die, I'm not worried, I'm going to Heaven because I follow the Bible 100% in context and I preach it the same way, and ask people to look it up for themselves cause I put my pants on the same way you all do. I will explain, but ask for them/others to look it up.

So, I think, and will tell people, that it is ok to OC or CCW. God said to obey the laws of the land and render unto Caesar what is Caesars, if we do that, then we will be ok.

Enough preaching, sorry :)

I think I can CCW wearing something like this :)

(Flame On - Just for you guys, hahaha/be nice now)

Just a few pics, yes my wife likes me to wear colors.

100_1601.sized.jpg

100_1608.thumb.jpg
100_1607.thumb.jpg
100_1604.thumb.jpg

Last edited:

hermannr

I am a Minister in Fallon (as Fallon Jeeper pointed out) and carry a Colt .45 1911. On Thursday I am picking up my Glock 19 to carry as well.

I might even carry both at one time :shocker: :lol: :eek:

I lived in Miami when the riots broke out and carried then for protection.

I Hunt, Fish, Jeep, Camp and Shoot, my kids do as well (23, 25, 26) and we have fun at it and would like to shoot w/you all sometime, time permitting.

My son OC's and we are going in May to get our CCW of which I will carry full time (well 98%)/more than I do now in certain cases (i.e. Stumbling block to others).

Question is: Do I really want to shoot someone, no, no one does, but I have been in situations whereas I feared for my life more than one time. We must be prepared in all aspects, wether biblical, or physical, for protection of our Soul, or Families etc.

God said thou shalt not Kill, = murder. We must be 100% sure when we draw because the point of no return is at hand most of the time.

(Flame on :) ) I am not an advocate of one in the chamber (that's just me, and if you want to, that is up to you, I won't preach to you on it. Ask Fallon Jeeper, he told me and I didn't mind) unless I am in a really bad place (yes they all can be bad), but I want that extra thought of.........Do I really want to kill someone in a conflict. Racking a round might get me shot once, but I does give me that chance to think one more second.
Plus, if I die, I'm not worried, I'm going to Heaven because I follow the Bible 100% in context and I preach it the same way, and ask people to look it up for themselves cause I put my pants on the same way you all do. I will explain, but ask for them/others to look it up.

So, I think, and will tell people, that it is ok to OC or CCW. God said to obey the laws of the land and render unto Caesar what is Caesars, if we do that, then we will be ok.

Enough preaching, sorry :)

I think I can CCW wearing something like this :)

(Flame On - Just for you guys, hahaha/be nice now)

Just a few pics, yes my wife likes me to wear colors.

100_1601.sized.jpg

May I have a minor laugh at your (and my dad's expense).. If my dad was working his farm and had to get a repair part for a piece of farm equipment, changing the oil on his car or whatever, if he had to go to town my mom would make him clean up change into a suit...I loved that blaimed it on your wife...My experience,,,you bet it's your wife...

Last edited:

renoglock22

Ha, I am an ordained minister and an atheist and I OC lol. I got ordained to show that organized religion these days is a joke. I can perform pretty much any religious task that any "real" minister can. So if you want a secular wedding hit me up, cheap and I will OC!

Rollbar

Jesus said you can't serve two masters (Matthew 6:24), and I'm not trying to turn this post into a religious debate etc.

All you did was buy a piece of paper w/a title on it as I gather from your post.

But I two would OC while doing a wedding if the Bride/Groom wanted.

Merlin

Tbg,

This. A thousand times this. I am not a big spiritual person, but I'd be more receptive to the idea if this was the case.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

28kfps

Being an atheist and ordained to show organized religion is a joke is like a drug lord passing the bar exam becoming a lawyer to show our legal system is a joke. It is the objective of the person with the title not the title.

I know several Christians that joined the atheist movement to show being an atheist is a joke. (Ok, not really just a little humor) that is me knowing Christians that joined the atheist movement.

Last edited: