• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ministers

renoglock22

I did just buy a piece of paper with a title on it but I can legally perform marriages because of this piece of paper. Showing organized religion is a joke was not my full motive for getting ordained. What is a joke is that a lot of religious people would rather fight against gay marriage because it ruins the sanctity of marriage and fighting abortion but because of this title I bought I can start my own church and be recognized by the government to do so. To me that is far more destructive to religion than gay marriage and abortion.

Sorry for the religious stuff, also not trying to make it a debate. To keep this about OC, would I be looked down on if I tried to OC in a church? (I know I said I'm an atheist but I like to know both sides)

Rollbar

Never thought of it that way, good point to consider-seems deception is your main motive as was satans in Gen 3:4 when he added one little word to change God's word.

That word was "not".
Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die.

And you are right, only the Govt recognizes your man made religion, not God.

And yes, organized religion is a joke, IF it is not of God and His will.

I'm glad you replied and said what you said-I really never thought of it that way, although 1 John/Peter (books and other scripture) talk about false teachers, and for us to READ THE BOOK FOR OURSELVES and OBEY so we don't get condemned on That Day-The Day of Judgement.

I always tell the congregation and those who listen to my radio show to READ THE BOOK (Bible)!!!

2 Peter 3:16- as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

P.S. I'm not mad at you or anything like that, nor agree that you are trying to start a debate.

Thanks,
Jim

DooFster

My current minister at the church we are going to carries. He said he does because one time he was robbed one Sunday while he was preaching...

frodo0602

Bible/self-defense/ministers

Our body/mind/life is a glorification of God and unto God. Why would we NOT protect it. I thought this was a good discussion: http://www.biblicalselfdefense.com/

As for a minister carrying...he is no different than any of us. We are all ministers of our faith. We are all the priests of our household. we are all shepherds and must protect our flock. I took a vow (read to me by a minister) to love and protect my wife. God saw fit to NOT make me an ignorant man, and NOT keeping a means to protect myself and my family would be denying the good sense i was blessed with.

28kfps

Back in the horse and buggy days, the Ministers often would have a shotgun hidden in the pulpit. Our pastor knows I carry and there are others that also carry. It is one of the times I do CCW. I believe most in the congregations would not care about open carrying however; it is the one time I prefer to CC.

Rollbar

Our body/mind/life is a glorification of God and unto God. Why would we NOT protect it. I thought this was a good discussion: http://www.biblicalselfdefense.com/

As for a minister carrying...he is no different than any of us. We are all ministers of our faith. We are all the priests of our household. we are all shepherds and must protect our flock. I took a vow (read to me by a minister) to love and protect my wife. God saw fit to NOT make me an ignorant man, and NOT keeping a means to protect myself and my family would be denying the good sense i was blessed with.

Just for clarification: We are NOT under the O.T. Law any more/practice its rituals, it WAS our tutor, and was nailed to the Cross.

NOT saying words to live by, but to live by example/to learn from.

If you read Romans 13:1-7 you will will see we are subject to the governing authorities (1 Peter 2:13-17) and God gives the govt the right for capitol punishment (v-4 of Romans 13). Basically God says do good and you will be fine, but break the law, and by the law, you will be in jail or dead.

Galatians 3:23-25 - But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Colossians 2:14 - having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

I have a friend who is a minister and he keeps a gun in his office; has a book cut out and the gun is in it. You won't find it, as his library is big. What do we have behind door number 3 Alex :)

Robin47

Just for clarification: We are NOT under the O.T. Law any more/practice its rituals, it WAS our tutor, and was nailed to the Cross.

NOT saying words to live by, but to live by example/to learn from.

If you read Romans 13:1-7 you will will see we are subject to the governing authorities (1 Peter 2:13-17) and God gives the govt the right for capitol punishment (v-4 of Romans 13). Basically God says do good and you will be fine, but break the law, and by the law, you will be in jail or dead.

Galatians 3:23-25 - But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.

Colossians 2:14 - having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

I have a friend who is a minister and he keeps a gun in his office; has a book cut out and the gun is in it. You won't find it, as his library is big. What do we have behind door number 3 Alex :)

Good post ! Robin47 :)

bigguyswife

My Pastor

My pastor does no OC but he does conceal carry. His wife does as well. He does not oppose open carry but he feels that as a pastor he shouldn't do anything that could offend. Our church does have a Men's Shoot every spring and fall. He does preach about getting ready for what seems to be coming and one Wednesday Night service, he "suggested" that we buy guns and gold. Last summer, my hubby (TheBigGuy) OC'd to our annual swim/baptism/potluck at Black Mountain Rec Center in Henderson. He had a great conversation with one of the gentlemen.

Stephanie
the big guys wife

zekester

I would say a man of the cloth should carry!!!

(snip)

"An Illinois pastor was shot and killed, and two parishioners injured after an unknown gunman opened fire during Sunday services at the First Baptist Church in Maryville, Ill."

"The gunman walked down the church aisle and briefly spoke to the pastor before shooting during the 8:15 a.m service. Rev. Fred Winters used the Bible he was reading from to shield himself from the first round of bullets being pumped at him, a parishioner told FOX News."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,506820,00.html#ixzz1q8go0JEn

Illinois.....how is that no carry thing working for you!!??

Last edited:

jdholmes

I am a pastor and also am a proponent of OC.

I believe it is our responsibility to do our best to protect our loved ones and our right to protect ourselves.

emailsig2-1.jpg

Attachments

• emailsig2-1.jpg
    emailsig2-1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited: