• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC

stealthyeliminator

A number of posters have not tried to drive safely in Chicago drive-time traffic. A vacant car-length for safety will be filled by an idiot.

If everyone else is driving "like an idiot" in some way, such as speeding, but they're doing so consistently, then it may be safer to "join them" and no be the odd driver. Unless I'm mistaken, this can even be a legitimate legal defense in some places. If you are surrounded by 50 cars on a busy highway, and they are all doing 10MPH over, and you do 10MPH over simply to avoid congestion, frustration and aggressive reactions from other drivers, and potentially avoid a collision as a result of that congestion, then you have a legal defense to a speeding citation.

Sorry that has nothing to do with the topic. I think that pretty much everything that needs to be said, has been said, though.

stealthyeliminator

Absolutely. Too bad that's not what the video shows. As we all can clearly see. The Squid did not come to a stop. Not even close. Not till after he was tagged. And this certainly was NOT some high speed altercation where the SUV idiot had no chance of slowing down.

How about less dramatics and a little honesty in this thread for a change?

Something happened between the Squid and the SUV. Only they know what happened. Road rage between two parties that escalated immediately when the SUV decided to mow people over. Twice.

But then again, this thread is not about honesty or facts. This is grown men fantasizing about running and gunning people down. And yet the Libtards are supposedly the scary ones.

Lets rephrase. If you maneuver your vehicle such that you prohibit the movement of another motorist with the right of way, without any legitimate reason, such as for safety, in order to prevent a collision, when there is no other option but to impede the motorist with a right of way, then you are at fault for any collision that occurs as a result.

It's like he said, if you pull in front of someone in a car, and come to a hard stop, it's your fault when they hit you, and then you say, Ah hah! He was driving a motorcycle, NOT a car, so too bad that isn't what happened in the video! :rolleyes:

HandyHamlet

Can you even see how circular this is? You're right, they didn't have time to come to a stop before the collision occurred.

Circular? No. The Squid never tried to stop. The SUV Never tried to stop. Not till after he hit the squid. Fact.

So, your position is that the "bump" was the SUV driver's fault? :lol:

Your words.

Is that what the video shows? :rolleyes:

I guess you are the only one who didn't actually watch...

You're right. Apparently, it's about supposing scenarios without any supporting evidence (prior incidents and "road rage").

Now we are on the same page. Like all the claims that the driver was in fear for his life. Even though there is NO evidence of his claim he was attacked and tires slashed during the initial stop. If you have proof then post up.

So, what, you resort to simple trolling?

Truth hurts. I didn't come up with "gun nuts".

Lets rephrase....

NIce try. All I said is the video clearly shows the bike did not stop in front of the SUV as everyone claims. That's all I said. Not till after he was hit.

Last edited:

Brace

So if you're subjectively moving too slow for somebody who is tailgating you then it's your fault if they run over you. Cager logic ITT.

jhfc

So if you're subjectively moving too slow for somebody who is tailgating you then it's your fault if they run over you. Cager logic ITT.

The cyclist cut the SUV driver off with inches of clearance and then immediately "rolled off" the throttle (in the cyclists own words) to a very slow rate of speed. I'm sure the legal eagles will get experts to figure out exactly how slow, but I would estimate he was going < 20 mph. Probably even slower from the looks of it.

Cutting off a vehicle and slowing down dramatically - that is reckless driving on the part of cyclist. This behavior is the proximate cause of everything that ensues afterwards and this cyclist will pay dearly for his dangerous and idiotic behavior. One can hope at least.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The cyclist cut the SUV driver off with inches of clearance and then immediately "rolled off" the throttle (in the cyclists own words) to a very slow rate of speed. I'm sure the legal eagles will get experts to figure out exactly how slow, but I would estimate he was going < 20 mph. Probably even slower from the looks of it.

Cutting off a vehicle and slowing down dramatically - that is reckless driving on the part of cyclist. This behavior is the proximate cause of everything that ensues afterwards and this cyclist will pay dearly for his dangerous and idiotic behavior. One can hope at least.

Yup. Despite the desperate contortions by riders to twist the scenario into something it wasn't, virtually everyone who watches this video agrees. Their explanation of this fact? Clearly everyone hates riders and are letting our emotion cloud our judgment. :lol:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I ride. I go to Daytona for Bike Week every year. I ride with a lot of bikers.

These motorcyclists caused this accident and then went on the offensive. While I'm giving some of them the benefit of the doubt that they may not have fully understood the situation, they lose for being part of the gang involved in illegal activity when they started it. The cager had every reason to believe his life was in danger even if he hit the first guy through negligence, which I have no reason to suspect.

MyGlockisaRedneck0

Thanks y'all!

Lets rephrase. If you maneuver your vehicle such that you prohibit the movement of another motorist with the right of way, without any legitimate reason, such as for safety, in order to prevent a collision, when there is no other option but to impede the motorist with a right of way, then you are at fault for any collision that occurs as a result.

It's like he said, if you pull in front of someone in a car, and come to a hard stop, it's your fault when they hit you, and then you say, Ah hah! He was driving a motorcycle, NOT a car, so too bad that isn't what happened in the video! :rolleyes:

Thanks y'all for the entertaining discussion on this thread! I have read each and every comment. I feel enlightened. I can see how some of y'all think and speak.

As for me, if I am on an open highway and someone on a motorcycle suddenly brakes/slows in front of me to get me to slow down/stop and I am surrounded by other MC riders, then he/she/it will suddenly become a wet smear on the road for I will NOT stop in the middle of a group of other MC riders, squids, motorcyclists, bikers, Hell's Angels, Banditos, sombreros, burritos, whatever.

Y'all do remember that this was on an open road with no reason whatsoever to put on the brakes/slow down except for some no good reason and I am supposd to stop for him in the middle of a group of other riders? No thanks for I will not wait around to find out why he suddenly slowed down.

OBTW, the driver of the SUV should have never left this open road for side streets for the traffic will surely get you stopped every time. Keep the pedal to the metal and dare another MC rider to get in front of you. After all, he did have tonnage on his side.

eye95

Agreed...presuming they did not just moments before move in front of your vehicle with the intent to cause trouble.

Exactly. Usually rear-ending will be ruled the fault of the rear-ender. However, if there is proof that the rear-endee cut off the rear-ender, he will be usually found to be at fault since following too closely was not the cause. The idiot MOBsters on the bikes videoed their crimes and posted them. So the dumbass rear-endee will surely be found at fault for the collision. Dumbass.

Last edited:

S&W500

The vidoe i watched showed numerous motorcycles, dirt bikes and four wheelers (kthe last two of which arent even street legal) breaking pretty much every law related to driving you can come up with. Yet half the clowns in this post act like they did nothing wrong. Looks to me like they did nothing right and could all use tickets for many different reason.

HandyHamlet

Yup. Despite the desperate contortions by riders to twist the scenario into something it wasn't, virtually everyone who watches this video agrees.

Yah, kind of like the majority who have never held a firearm in their lives commenting on firearms related incidents. They are all experts too.

stealthyeliminator

Yah, kind of like the majority who have never held a firearm in their lives commenting on firearms related incidents. They are all experts too.

Actually, nothing like that. I don't have to be an expert cyclist to know that getting right in front of an SUV on a highway and stopping (or slowing dramatically) is stupid (mode of transportation irrelevant), just like I don't have to be a firearms expert to know that picking up a gun and pointing it at someone is stupid (and criminal, and gives the pointee justification to drop me dead)

Last edited:

eye95

Actually, nothing like that. I don't have to be an expert cyclist to know that getting right in front of an SUV on a highway and stopping (or slowing dramatically) is stupid (mode of transportation irrelevant), just like I don't have to be a firearms expert to know that picking up a gun and pointing it at someone is stupid (and criminal, and gives the pointee justification to drop me dead)

Excellent reply to an unbelievably lame point.

stealthyeliminator

Excellent reply to an unbelievably lame point.

Why thank you good sir :)

Thanks y'all for the entertaining discussion on this thread! I have read each and every comment. I feel enlightened. I can see how some of y'all think and speak.

As for me, if I am on an open highway and someone on a motorcycle suddenly brakes/slows in front of me to get me to slow down/stop and I am surrounded by other MC riders, then he/she/it will suddenly become a wet smear on the road for I will NOT stop in the middle of a group of other MC riders, squids, motorcyclists, bikers, Hell's Angels, Banditos, sombreros, burritos, whatever.

Y'all do remember that this was on an open road with no reason whatsoever to put on the brakes/slow down except for some no good reason and I am supposd to stop for him in the middle of a group of other riders? No thanks for I will not wait around to find out why he suddenly slowed down.

OBTW, the driver of the SUV should have never left this open road for side streets for the traffic will surely get you stopped every time. Keep the pedal to the metal and dare another MC rider to get in front of you. After all, he did have tonnage on his side.

:eek:

You're not, like.... building profiles on us.... right? :uhoh:

lol

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

I get the strong impression you see nothing wrong with motorcyclists using their bikes to direct or obstruct the movement of other vehicles on public roads. It seems to me that you believe your "experience" has caused you to conclude this is acceptable and/or safe.

Well, now you see why it isn't – if you're able to step back for a minute and be objective.

I won't accuse you of pulling this stunt yourself, but I would be interested to know how you think this behavior – clearly unacceptable and unsafe with "caged" vehicles – is acceptable/safe with two-wheeled ones?

carolina guy

When he got stuck in traffic, I don't understand why he didn't throw it in reverse...