• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC

HandyHamlet

I get the strong impression you see nothing wrong with motorcyclists using their bikes to direct or obstruct the movement of other vehicles on public roads. It seems to me that you believe your "experience" has caused you to conclude this is acceptable and/or safe.

Well, now you see why it isn't – if you're able to step back for a minute and be objective.

I won't accuse you of pulling this stunt yourself, but I would be interested to know how you think this behavior – clearly unacceptable and unsafe with "caged" vehicles – is acceptable/safe with two-wheeled ones?

You would be completely wrong in your impression.
I have yet to mention my personal "experience". I did try to offer a little insight and was soundly rebuffed by the clueless.
Brake checks are stupid no matter what, who, where, when, why and how. And I have said about four billion times now I do not condone the actions of the Squids.
I suggest you take your own advice and be objective.
You can accuse me of anything you like.
Your words, not mine. I never said anything about anyone's behavior in this incident being acceptable. Ever. Not the Squid's and certainly not the hit and run driver. Except for them trying to stop the hit and run driver after he mowed people over.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I have yet to mention my personal "experience". I did try to offer a little insight and was soundly rebuffed by the clueless.
Brake checks are stupid no matter what, who, where, when, why and how. And I have said about four billion times now I do not condone the actions of the Squids.
I suggest you take your own advice and be objective.
You can accuse me of anything you like.
Your words, not mine. I never said anything about anyone's behavior in this incident being acceptable. Ever. Not the Squid's and certainly not the hit and run driver. Except for them trying to stop the hit and run driver after he mowed people over.

Well, I'm just trying to pin down exactly from where the disagreement stems.

So, is that you don't see how a bunch of guys intentionally causing an accident (and thereby forcing you to a stop) and then surrounding your car could be reasonably fear-inducing?

Last edited:

OC for ME

I have yet to mention my personal "experience". I did try to offer a little insight and was soundly rebuffed by the clueless. <snip>
Rebuked is more appropriate.

As in rebuking your characterization of the events clearly in evidence in the several videos available today.

As in rebuking your claims of impartiality on this incident.

As in rebuking your feeble attempts to characterize the true and only victim (wife and child too) as a co-instigator and thus a criminal.

Clearly the cops, at this point, rebuff your analysis of this incident.

Sir Diealotz

Absolutely. Too bad that's not what the video shows. As we all can clearly see. The Squid did not come to a stop. Not even close. Not till after he was tagged. And this certainly was NOT some high speed altercation where the SUV idiot had no chance of slowing down.

How about less dramatics and a little honesty in this thread for a change?

Something happened between the Squid and the SUV. Only they know what happened. Road rage between two parties that escalated immediately when the SUV decided to mow people over. Twice.

But then again, this thread is not about honesty or facts. This is grown men fantasizing about running and gunning people down. And yet the Libtards are supposedly the scary ones.

^^ Lot of FAIL in this reply :rolleyes:

Bernymac

^^ Lot of FAIL in this reply :rolleyes:

Hush now! Don't rebuff as you are clueless, but just because he/she claims you are clueless he/she did not say he/she is full of clues so you'd better not ever write there are claims of clues because those are not his/her words. He/she was just "offering a little insight" from what sounds like an expert but made no claims of being one and accuses everyone else of being. :shocker:

Reminds me of a movie conversation:

"Truly, you have a dizzying intellect."
"Wait till I get going! Now, where was I?"
"Australia"

Last edited:

Sir Diealotz

Hush now! Don't rebuff as you are clueless, but just because he/she claims you are clueless he/she did not say he/she is full of clues so you'd better not ever write there are claims of clues because those are not his/her words. He/she was just "offering a little insight" from what sounds like an expert but made no claims of being one and accuses everyone else of being. :shocker:

Reminds me of a movie conversation:

"Truly, you have a dizzying intellect."
"Wait till I get going! Now, where was I?"
"Australia"

^^ Lot of WIN in this reply :lol:

HandyHamlet

As in rebuking your feeble attempts to characterize the true and only victim (wife and child too) as a co-instigator and thus a criminal.
You weren't there and have no idea what instigated the chain of incidents. Nor do I or anyone else.

Show a screenshot of the brakelight.
Show a screenshot of the slashed tires.
Show a screenshot of the SUV getting attacked prior to running over the Squids.
Show any evidence of the supposed damage the SUV sustained in the initial stop.

Last edited:

eye95

It is amazing how some seem to have a lot of insight, but when they disagree with someone else, that someone else has no insight.

That video pretty much puts us there and gives us tremendous amount of insight--if we really look without bias.

BTW, I think the word you are looking for is "rebut." Certainly not "rebuff."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

OC for ME

You weren't there and have no idea what instigated the chain of incidents. Nor do I or anyone else.

Resorting to liberal tactics to bolster your position are clearly evident and are thus properly rebuked.

carolina guy

I am willing to bet you that the bikers and the husband/wife in the SUV know what instigated the chain of events. I am unaware of any 3rd party witnesses that have stepped forward, but perhaps the local police do -- which might be why they have elected to charge the bikers and not the driver of the SUV. This would not be the first time that the police know more than they release to the public.

Bernymac

I am willing to bet you that the bikers and the husband/wife in the SUV know what instigated the chain of events. I am unaware of any 3rd party witnesses that have stepped forward, but perhaps the local police do -- which might be why they have elected to charge the bikers and not the driver of the SUV. This would not be the first time that the police know more than they release to the public.

Show a screen shot of the husband/wife/child INSIDE the SUV before the squids dragged the husband out. You got nothing! :eek:

Silvertongue

Show a screen shot of the husband/wife/child INSIDE the SUV before the squids dragged the husband out. You got nothing! :eek:

Show a screen shot of Zimmerman killing Martin.
Show a screen shot of Anthony killing her baby.
Show a screen shot of the Newtown Shooter even holding an AR-15.
Show a screen shot of the Aurora Shooter killing anyone.
Show a screen shot of Cain killing Abel.

Lack of a screen shot does not mean lack of evidence. I hope my post encourages you to open your mind.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

Lack of a screen shot does not mean lack of evidence. I hope my post encourages you to open your mind.

Now THERE's a futile, if well-intentioned effort.... ^^^^^^

Bernymac

My reply was in response to this...

Followed by this

So you are directing this at me because...???

Last edited:

Bernymac

Sometimes sarcasm is lost with text... ;)

Those emoticons are not emoticon-y enough I think :D

eye95

If I build 1,000 roads, open 1,000 hospitals, conquer 1,000 tribes, and open one person's mind, I have made only one accomplishment.

The person whose mind you open will likely be someone you never know who read your post and did not reply. A nickel's worth of free advice: Always post to that person, not the person with whom you are debating.

HandyHamlet

Resorting to liberal tactics to bolster your position are clearly evident and are thus properly rebuked.

Of course, because you got nothing. Nothing. The truth is the video does not support your claim or anyone else's in the least. If it does put up or shut up. The forum has long put the burden on the poster to back up his claims. Back them up.

Congrats on the dumbest post all day. Especially when EVERYONE here claims the video clearly shows something it doesn't. And no thanks. Your version of an open mind is blindly believing lefty media ******. I'll pass.

Last edited: