• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC Newsletter January 2015 published!

griffin

moc5.jpg

The latest (and last) edition of the Michigan Open Carry Newsletter has just been published!

Issue No. 5 is filled with original articles as well as over 250 hyperlinks to additional content!

• Winning the Battle and Losing the War – should we refuse to patronize certain businesses? Maybe not.
• If You Can’t Take Training Classes, You Can Still Train – ideas for keeping up your skills and developing new proficiencies when you can't take classes
• Lessons From Zimmerman, Part III – a final look at the aftermath of Zimmerman, repercussions to law enforcement
• The Dangers of Intervention – the problem with imaginary interventions is that there is none of the untidiness and ambiguity that exists in the real world
• Our regular MOC Member Profile – Glenn Disosway (Pond Scum)

And more, including the latest on firearms legislation in Michigan and upcoming MOC events. Additional content targets women, firearms ownership among blacks, training, the latest in firearms legislation across the country, and much, much more. Get your copy of the final issue of the Michigan Open Carry Newsletter right now, right here!

http://miopencarry.org/moc_files/publications/newsletter/MOC-Newsletter-5.pdf

FreeInAZ

Thanks for your good works Grif! Today it's hard to get anyone to read anything... The average newspapers & online articles are written intentionally at a 6th grade reading level. Maybe for a reason?

Last edited:

griffin

I tried an experiment and it didn't work as I had hoped. Social media is orders of magnitude more popular, for many reasons. Thank you.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I tried an experiment and it didn't work as I had hoped. Social media is orders of magnitude more popular, for many reasons. Thank you.
Looking at the quality of your efforts, you are certainly to be commended regardless.

As long as your alternative "publication" methods maintain clear value of what is in your newsletter, I can't help but feel that in the end your star will rise.

Social media is instantaneous and broad, but not nearly as deep as forums such as OCDO.

Anyway, Godspeed with your ALL efforts.

Last edited: