• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More sad news of the old Richmond Breakfast Club

scouser

Not sure how many here will remember Dana one of our servers at River City Diner but I've just learned that she is terminally ill. I knew 2 or 3 years ago that she's been diagnosed with cervical cancer but she had been doing well and I believed she was on her way to recovery. Unfortunately it's been discovered recently that her cancer had returned and spread reaching her brain. Apparently there's nothing the doctors can do and she's been given a matter of week, maybe a month, to live.
Like her, then, room-mate Courtney, Dana was a great friend to the Breakfast Club, taking over as our primary server when RCD fired Courtney.

I look back on the days when she would sit and eat gummy bears with Logan when he was about 2 years old, and the time when he was maybe 3 and they were chasing each other around an almost empty diner and she ran behind the counter, grabbing the soda hose and pointed it at him and Logan stopped still in his tracks and went "uh oh". Dana was the one who handed him a wet cloth and got him cleaning the tables in there, something he loved doing. And I can never forget the day Dana had him acting as a host and Logan took these 2 middle aged women to a table, put their menus and cutlery down and invited them to take a seat, they turned to Dana and said it was cute but they'd like to be seated properly, she just looked at them, looked at the table and said "you can sit down there, that's where I would have put you anyway"

For now they're trying to get Dana out of the hospital so she can spend her last days with her boyfriend, Jonathan, and their family. As far as I know Sheppard Street Tavern (2922 Park Avenue, Richmond, VA 23221) will be a collection location if anyone cares to help the family out financially, and at any point during business hours you may leave a direct contribution with the staff, just let them know it's for Dana Littlefield.

Dana is a good person and doesn't deserve this.

DoubleTap

I am so sorry to hear this very sad news and pray for Dana and her family.

Really miss those days at River City Diner. Dana and Courtney were the best and always welcomed everyone with such friendliness, ETC.

scouser

I am so sorry to hear this very sad news and pray for Dana and her family.

Really miss those days at River City Diner. Dana and Courtney were the best and always welcomed everyone with such friendliness, ETC.
I heard she came home from the hospital yesterday but the outlook has worsened now to "days to a week"

scouser

Every morning for the past month+ I'd been waking up and warily checking messages knowing that one day I'd read the one I ended up seeing yesterday morning, a simple one from Jonathan (her fiance) saying "we've lost Dana".
RIP Dana Littlefield 3/1/1983 - 3/27/2022
Dana.jpg

user

Accomplished Advocate
I miss those days. She as well as my fellow breakfast-eaters were all lovely people.
Makes me tear up, particularly thinking of Dale, Don, and Paul.

scouser

I've spent some time this past week putting together a slideshow of photos of Dana to be shown on the screens at Sheppard St Tavern on Saturday when they host a Celebration of Life for her. 2pm - 4pm April 9th the address is in the first post above, if any of the RVA gang wish to attend. I intend to be there and Courtney is coming back into town for the weekend to be there.
No actual funeral service, Dana requested her body to be donated to the Anatomical Society for research and was accepted so in a few months or so her ashes will be returned to Jonathan.

scouser

I miss those days. She as well as my fellow breakfast-eaters were all lovely people.
Makes me tear up, particularly thinking of Dale, Don, and Paul.
Of those three, Paul is the one I miss the most, not that I don't miss the others but Paul's death was the hardest one to hear of

DoubleTap

User, I feel the sadness with you when thinking of my Dale, and Paul and Don. Three truly great men. My heartache over the loss of Dale is always with me.

Scouser, that is a beautiful tribute you have planned for Dana. Wish I could be there to celebrate her life with you and all of her loved ones.

God bless you all